This year I've been writing down something I'm grateful for every day this November so I'll put those in a post at the end of the month. But before Thanksgiving I still wanted to write down those top things that I am grateful for since the things I've been noticing each day are usually the smaller less noticeable things. I don't want to forget the big things, the things that make my life.
1. Oh Tristan, I'm grateful every day for him. We've been through some strange trials this year but what I love about that is we take turns being the strong ones. He's the best friend, husband, and daddy I could have ever asked for and I'm grateful for him, strengths and weaknesses and all.
3. Kacee & Zoey. My little polar opposite puppies who bring so much joy into our home. Kacee will always be my best friend, the dog who saved my life and taught me what it was like to love an animal. Zoey is our happy, dumb dog. She loves everyone and everything. She's the biggest cuddler I've ever met and pretty much never stops smiling. She's an amazing listener and loves to play. She's been a tough adjustment this year but I think I'm to the point where I'd choose to do it over again.
4. A place to call home. We move around a lot and it's fun and exhausting all at the same time. How grateful I am to have a house here in Utah that is our safe house, our constant. These last couple of months it's become the home base for a couple other people and as stressful as it has been for me, I'm grateful we are able to allow people into our house so that they can have a place to call home as well.
5. Family is everything. Whether it's my family... trips to Hawaii and Lake Powell, movie nights with Shay, Sunday dinner, or lunches with mom... or my in-laws... visiting us in California, Sunday dinners, and so many dogs! I wouldn't want to do this life without them.
6. Friends that make the summers amazing, friends that still love you even when you suck at answering the phone, friends who make longish distance friendships easy. So grateful for friends!
7. Mckai's nanny Miranda is the very best of the best. She has always gone along with our crazy schedule, was super understanding when Tristan ended up quitting his job, and loves Mckai like he's her own. I don't know what we'd do without her!
8. A job that makes being away from my family worth it, where I get to witness miracles every day and where I get my baby fix while we not so patiently wait for our turn to be pregnant again.
H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G !




No comments:
Post a Comment