^ the weather was nice at the beginning of the month so we tried to take advantage! Our first time visiting the Farm at Thanksgiving Point and Mckai's first time riding a pony! He loved it and we had so much fun with Kat and her little girl Paisley ^
^ Mckai's first time helping me bake! ^
^ lots of reading! On Mckai's end... ^
^ as well as my end! ^
You guys, I rediscovered my love for reading this month and I just can't stop! I already have two books waiting to be started and I just finished The Light We Lost last night. Okay so I'm not going to do a whole review with summaries and everything but every single book I read this month was SO good I just have to share! Go look them up and at least read one! In order of recommendation:
1. Before We Were Yours - this book is historical fiction and by far the best book I've read in years! I cannot recommend it enough! I loved how it jumped from one time period (1939) to the other (present day) until all the pieces fit together. Seriously, an amazing book!
2. The Light We Lost - this is a romance novel and was so good I could not put it down! I finished it crying and wanted to start over again, it was that beautiful. I loved the way it was written as though she was speaking to someone and the way it talks about different types of love is spot on. Oh I just loved it so much!
3. We Are Okay - this book made me cry not because it's necessarily sad but because it is truly beautifully written! The emotions it portrays... mental health, the power of friendship, loss and grief... so good! It's also a quick read, I finished it in a day :)
4. Ready Player One - when Tristan saw me buy this he was so surprised because it's not really my type of book, which is true but I like to read books before the movie and since it's coming out soon I decided I'd give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it! It was slow to begin with, I didn't love it for the first 80ish pages because I couldn't comprehend all the gamer terms and pop culture references but once it got going, I couldn't put it down!
^ valentine's day 2018 ^
It was such a good day. I want Mckai to grow up understanding that Valentine's Day isn't just to celebrate romantic love but ALL love so we spent our day visiting our loved ones with valentines to give them. Just spending the whole day with Mckai and Tristan was perfect! We went to dinner and then watched a rom-com rather than our typical tv shows. I sure love Valentine's Day!
^ my mom took me shopping for my birthday! Seriously one of my favorite traditions. My boys came along to help me decide what I like and then we let Mckai go crazy at the playground before we left. Thanks mom! ^
^ top golf with Tristan's work! It was a work event which aren't my favorite (why do I hate socializing with people I don't know?!) but Tristan and Mckai had a blast! I definitely want to go back with friends or family! ^
^ swimming at the Legacy Center in Lehi. I pretty much want to go weekly if anyone wants to volunteer to be our pool buddies! Mckai caught a ball for his very first time, loved going down the big slide with dad but wasn't a fan of going down the little slides by himself. He swam around forever, loved floating the lazy river and did not want to leave. And then he was so tired he let me cuddle him like a baby (which we haven't done in I don't even know how long... tears of happiness!) It was such a good Saturday! ^
^ is it self-centered to think that God sent snow specifically for me for my birthday? Well, I kind of do because he knows how much I love snow and there has been next to none all winter until my birthday! We went sledding up by Tibble Fork and it was a blast! Unfortunately we scared Mckai by going down too steep of a hill initially that he was not interested in going down again once we found a milder hill. Oh well, I'm sure he'll give it a shot again next time! ^
^ my birthday was on President's Day this year which ended up being super nice (besides the fact that I didn't want to work it so I passed up time and a half for a pretty insignificant holiday). Almost everyone in my family had the day off work so they spent it all with me which is so special because quality time is definitely my love language! After sledding we went bowling and to dinner. It was a very happy birthday! I was a little wary to turn 27 because it just sounds so much closer to 30 than 26 did. But I'm excited to see what 27 has in store for me! ^
^ I've been working lots this month because we have been crazy busy at work. They are back to requiring mandatory extra shifts (they say only until mid-March and then they'll re-evaluate but I'm afraid it's going to last through summer...) Mckai has been with Tristan through it all which I love except for when Tristan is out of town. Then he spends his time between Miranda and my mom who both spoil him rotten. I chose this picture to represent work this month because the most memorable work shift of the month was because of this dude. See those two yellow balls in his sweatshirt? He ended up shoving 3 up his nose and Tristan had to bring him to my work so we could get them out. It was a spectacle with both charge nurses, the doctor and the front desk ladies helping out but we got them out and are 98% confident that there are no more in there... ^
^ we drove up to Oakley to visit my best friend Maddy and her new little boy Coda! I was in newborn holding heaven and Mckai and Jude are starting to play more and more together, it is so fun! They spent the day running in circles holding yoga blocks, chasing each other and tickling each other with fake snakes, and pulling each other in the wagon. There were only a few "mines!" and little fights ;) ^
February, you were good to us! Thanks for bringing the snow!
Hello, March.











No comments:
Post a Comment