March 19, 2018

midlife crisis or just a new haircut? :)

So I did something kind of fun and extreme last week! After months of contemplation, I decided it was time to chop off my hair. Why? A few reasons... 1. it was so dead on the ends and 2. I desperately want to get back to my natural hair color. I wasn't brave enough to chop it short enough to completely get rid of old highlights but in a few months It should grow out enough where I can cut it to only my natural hair color! It's kind of fun and exciting and so far I love it! I figure, hair is just hair. And mine grows so fast that if I miss my long hair, I'll be able to grow it back within a year. But so far, I'm loving it! My hair stylist made sure to ask me if I was pregnant or going through a mid-life crisis before cutting it off. I guess she's had enough people completely regret the decision immediately afterwards.

^ this was the morning of my appointment. That right there is over a year and a half of regrowth. ^

^ and the finished product! Tristan was super sad about my decision to go for my natural hair color rather than blonde but he was super excited about me chopping it off which helped calm my nerves the morning of! :) Tristan says that no one will know where Mckai came from if I don't have blonde hair but oh well! ^

I was trying to figure out how my hair got so damaged... I've never had an issue with split ends in my life but my hair had gotten so bad! Then I remembered where it all started...
(warning: throwback overload. once I started looking at old pictures, I couldn't stop. I mean, how cute is baby Mckai!? so if throwback pictures aren't your thing, this is the end :)

^ right before I found out I was pregnant with Mckai, Tristan's cousin convinced me to let her dye my hair blonde... from a box. That is never a good idea. But that's where the death of my hair began. ^

^ 6+ months later ^

^ I dyed it blonde again right before I had Mckai ^

^ then when Mckai was about 3 months old I really did go through a bit of a mid life crisis and dyed my hair dark! ^

^ I honestly really did love it except that I felt like a few weeks after getting it done, it would start to turn red... and then when my roots started to show, they looked a grey color. So after about 6 months I couldn't handle the upkeep anymore. ^

^ so I went back to blonde... ^

^ and a few months later, platinum blonde ^

^ then when fall hit, I had them do a balayage so that I wouldn't have to keep up with it anymore. And this was the last time I went to get my hair colored. ^

No comments:

Post a Comment