First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage. Oh wait...
Looking back at the kids we were at 19 and 21, we had big plans. Finish school, have 4-6 kids, and live happily ever after, right? I look back and see such hope and innocence in those kids. And we were definitely naive. We had no idea what we had in store for us, as I'm sure no one does. We had no idea the ups and the downs, the joy and the heartbreak we would experience while following our plans.
While I don't always love the way our story has been playing out, I don't hate who we've become because of infertility. We've learned to rely on each other and embrace the present. We are braver, we are stronger. We have been broken and rebuilt. And as we still dream of having a big family, I know we are destined to continue along this difficult path for the next 10 years if we have to and we will face it head on.
I just couldn't let National Infertility Awareness Week pass by without sharing a few thoughts. Thanks for following along and supporting us! I'll try not to bombard this blog with too many infertility posts ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment