WISCONSIN!
We have arrived at our new destination.
To be honest, we passed enough welcome signs on our way here that I didn't think I would be that thrilled when I finally saw our sign.
But, a 23 hour drive later I could have screamed for joy.
Tristan left Friday and arrived Saturday. I left with my brother Monday and arrived Tuesday.
We didn't stop to sleep so by the time we got here we were practically delirious.
A few things I noticed during the drive...
- Wyoming's mile signs include decimals, everything from .03 to .96. They also have the biggest windmill farms I have ever seen.
- Nebraska is green and beautiful. The road follows a river and there are tons of small lakes.
- Iowa was seen from the light of the moon. All I could see was the silhouette of trees and more trees.
- Illinois is a miserable state, as seen from the eyes of an exhausted person at 4:00 a.m. We got lost in a town called Erie which was beyond spooky, we had to take a dumb toll road, and we had to go 20 miles in town with stoplights and slow speed limit.
I haven't had time to discover much about Wisconsin yet but I'm hoping I learn to love it.
Here's to new adventures :)
Yay you updated your blog! :) Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Hope you guys are settling in!
ReplyDelete