I must admit, going back to school after doing absolutely nothing and everything I wanted for a whole month was extremely difficult. I'm still trying to get used to my schedule...
Monday: 1700-1900 Go to the hospital, get a patient, and preload.
Tuesday: Wake up at 0400 to be at the hospital by 0630. Clinicals until 1530.
Wednesday: Same as Tuesday.
Thursday: Wake up at 0500 to be at school by 0830. Classes until 1430 and then studying until around 1800.
Thank goodness for being able to sleep in Monday, Friday and Saturday or I literally don't think I'd survive. By Thursday night I am wiped out. It's a good thing I love what I'm doing! And many thanks go out to my wonderful husband for working so hard to provide for us so that I don't have to work while going to school.
This week was my first week of clinicals and I absolutely loved it! I'm at Intermountain Medical Center and this week I was on the Surgical Trauma floor. The most exciting things I got to do were take out a nasogastric tube and take out a catheter. I know it sounds super dumb since you literally just pull them out but I was excited nonetheless. I got to watch someone put in a nasogastric tube and it took her six times to get it in! Which made me a little nervous to try that for my first time... I saw a lot of neat cases and I already feel like I've learned so much. I even feel like I'm getting a hang of all the critical thinking. I passed a lot of medications and gave a lot of subcutaneous shots. I even made it through the 16 pages of care plans that I had to do. As for classes I'm taking Pathophysiology and Systems & Populations, so far they are great.
Tristan and I are doing a P90X competition with a bunch of friends. We took before pictures and did our initial weigh in and then we'll see how we are doing every month until the three months are up. We are only in our second week but it has been so much fun! I love being able to work out with my husband! We are going to win for sure :)
We are keeping busy but life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment