February 15, 2013

i LoVe skiing and i LoVE lOve!


Plus some exciting news...!

My amazing parents bought a new boat! If I wasn't excited for spring before, I am now! Tristan and I are praying that it gets warm enough to take the boat out before we leave again for the summer!

At the beginning of February my family spent a week at Park City.
Tristan and I were lucky enough to be able to spend the weekend with them.
It is the only time of the year that we splurge and go skiing.

 My baby brother is awesome, right?!

 And so is my handsome husband!

 And of course I wanted to be just like them, it was terrifying!







Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Valentine's day!
Ever since I was little it was always a holiday I looked forward to.
In elementary school it was all about the homemade mailboxes and classmate Valentines, and then coming home to flowers in the middle of the kitchen table, valentines from the siblings, a stuffed animal and candy from mom and dad.
In junior high it was about the secret admirer who brought goodies to my classes (I think that secret admirer was actually my mom but that doesn't change how special it was), and of course coming home to flowers in the middle of the kitchen table, valentines from the siblings, and candy and a card from mom and dad.
In high school I started dating and it was about surprising them and being surprised by them. And of course coming home from school to flowers in the middle of the kitchen table surrounded by valentines from the siblings, and candy and a card from mom and dad.
Now, it's a day to acknowledge how incredibly lucky I am to have found the love of my life.
I get to spend Valentine's day with the same valentine for the rest of eternity and I could not be happier.
He spoils me, he knows everything about me, and he loves me.
I couldn't ask for anything more :)
And of course, my mom and dad still never forget to send us a valentine.


Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment