May 28, 2013

Exploring the East Coast: Part I

Anyone who knows me even just a little...
Knows that I'm an OCD clean freak who lives life by schedules and to-do lists.
I can be talkative but I'm mostly good at listening,
and I rely on Tristan to do most of the booking for our trips.
This weekend placed me completely out of my comfort zone and it was wonderful.


One of the other Alterra wives had a singing competition in Boston this weekend. She needed someone to watch her baby while she performed so I came along for the ride. This weekend was so great because A. I haven't had girl time since my best friends left on their missions last summer, and B. It was completely spontaneous. It was a six hour turned ten hour treacherous drive that included ending up in NYC and almost dying because of the crazy driving, paying tons of $$$ on tolls and crawling traffic. We didn't have a hotel planned and once we found one we missed it three times which left us driving around for an extra hour trying to get to it. We walked to Sonic for ice cream and stayed up late talking. We were so tired and delirious that we laughed at everything and bonded quickly.

Saturday was rainy but we still wanted to go sight-seeing. Chalise is complete opposite of me. She doesn't plan out her days, she likes to drive around and see where the wind takes her. So that is what we did! The city is gorgeous! And everything we saw was because we just ended up there, it was actually kind of cool.























The Boston Tea Party 
Bunker Hill Monument
The random beach we found. Freezing! But beautiful with TONS of seashells.

All of the sudden we realized it was already 8:00 p.m. and there was no way we were going to make it all the way home. So we had the genius idea to stop in Philadelphia, PA for the night and have our husbands meet us there on Sunday morning. We were so excited! Until we tried to find a hotel... and everything was booked for 50 miles! I started to panic of course, but Chalise said we would just find something as we started to get tired of driving. Around 2:00 a.m. we decided it was time to stop. We only had to ask five different hotels before finding one with a room. I was relieved that we didn't have to sleep in the car even if the room looked like it could potentially have bed bugs :)


We met our husbands at Sacrament Meeting in Philadelphia, we were so excited to see them! Then the rest of the day was full of more sight-seeing. Again... all I can say is everything about it was just amazing! I love big cities!
First Stop! It was absolutely amazing! Jam packed with anything you could imagine... International cheeses, olives, produce, meat, candy, flowers, books, souvenirs, international restaurants, etc...
And of course we had to get a Philly Cheesesteak! Tristan was in LOVE!
Next Stop! The Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, The Declaration of Independence.

Last stop: The Rocky Steps!
We made sure to run up and down them :)

Of course we had to take a trip down memory lane and get ice cream from the Ice Cream Truck! How can anyone hear that music and not reminisce childhood summers?? :)
It was a great weekend! Thank you Chalise for getting me out of the house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment