May 20, 2013

This is Compromise

Saturday at 5:00 p.m. is the happiest moment of the week. I get Tristan all to myself, sorta..., for a full day and a half!


I texted Tristan earlier in the week asking if I could choose what we do this weekend. He asked me what I had in mind and even though I told him I wanted to go to a country concert, he easily said yes. Tristan dislikes country, and I have an obsession with country. We agree to disagree that country is the best :) I secretly feel a lot of pride when my country songs are turned popish for the pop radio stations (i.e. Taylor Swift, Hunter Hayes, and most recently Cruise by Florida Georgia Line), just goes to show that country is better. I mean you don't see any pop songs being turned countryish because their lyrics are no good. :) Again, we agree to disagree. Anyways...  When he got home we were off to the concert. It had been raining all day so I was worried we'd get rained on. It was SUPER muddy but it didn't rain. It did mist though. I've never seen that in Utah but apparently it's pretty common here.


This concert was a bit of a culture shock. There was something called 'Wine in the Woods' before the concert so majority of people were already drunk before they even got to the concert. By the time it was over, they were plastered. Tristan had way too much fun people watching. The concert was a lot of fun! I hadn't heard many of Eric Pasley's songs but he did great and so did Easton Corbin! The Band Perry was awesome! I'd like to say that even Tristan enjoyed it :)


The concert got over around 11:30 and by the time we walked to our car it was midnight. We ran home to check on our puppy but then decided that we weren't all that tired. So, we went to see Star Trek! Tristan LOVES Star Trek. He has been dying for the second movie to come out. Me on the other hand, I don't like it at all. In my opinion everyone dies. But, he endured a country concert so I could watch Star Trek (and if I'm being completely honest, I actually liked the second one :)


Funny story, I'm trying to document through pictures our life out here in Maryland. Looking back on California and Wisconsin, we have very few pictures. I want to be better this year. So I was bound set and determined to get a picture of Tristan next to the movie poster. But, it was behind a desk so he couldn't stand by it. I was all disappointed that you couldn't read it but figured if that's the best they have then I'd deal. (Keep in mind that this is at like 3:00 a.m. when the movie finally got over). We keep walking out when we see this sign...


I thought it was better because at least you can read it! But Tristan was disappointed because it wasn't all lit up. We couldn't find another one though so we just went for it. We were walking out the doors when Tristan points to the last sign before the doors... Star Trek!


I finally got my picture! You can tell Tristan was thrilled to be taking yet another picture but I was happy.



Sunday was filled with playing at the parks. Tristan and the guys played a sport that I'd never heard of called Spike Ball. It looked really fun and Tristan thought it was the greatest thing ever! Kacee and I played around until she got tired then we just lounged in the sun. Whenever it was Tristan's turn to rotate out he'd pass the frisbee or football with me. It was the perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment