May 15, 2013

The scattered thoughts of a sleep deprived (or sleep overloaded?) salesman's wife



This little stinker woke me up at 4 a.m. this morning. Good thing she has those puppy dog eyes or she would have been in big trouble! After that, I couldn't fall back asleep. I stayed in bed for about an hour but got super bored. It's incredible how productive I can be in the early hours of the morning. I cleaned the house, went to the gym (did a good old barstarzz workout that kills me every time, thanks Andrew), went on a long run, got home in time to get ready with Tristan, make him breakfast, and an awesome lunch (yes I am the best wife ever :) then head on over to the dog park with Kacee. That's the most I've done before 10 a.m. in a LONG time. It feels good! That is until you hit noon and realize you have nothing else to do for the rest of the nine hours that your husband is gone... Oh well I'm sure we'll come up with something.

Here's something interesting-- our new apartment is literally a few doors away from the leasing office. This means that we live in the only hall in the entire apartment complex that has carpet, paintings on the wall, and music playing 24/7. Like seriously, when I sit on my couch in the silence I am constantly being serenaded by the music from the hall. I kind of like it. But at the same time it makes it feel like I'm living in a really nice hotel.


I adore my brothers! Thank goodness for technology so that I could facetime my family while they skyped Elder Greenwood. I would have been so sad if I'd missed it. And thanks Andrew for holding me so I could see Nate. Ah look how cute they both are! I miss Nate like crazy! Just one summer ago we were driving 24 hours straight together, laughing over the spilled luggage on Kacee, and deliriously getting lost in creepy towns in Illinois. Just one summer ago I got to see him every single day! We grew so close that summer in Wisconsin and I'll forever be grateful for that. (We may or may not have fought constantly growing up, I have a bite mark scar on my back to prove it :) And of course, happy mothers day to all you moms out there!

As you all know, Tristan is selling pest control this summer. Because of this, he has this weird fascination with bugs. He is constantly telling me about all the gross bugs that he encounters or researches. The other day I came home so excited because I found the most beautiful place in all of Maryland. See for yourself...


I show Tristan this picture because, hello, it's gorgeous! He was nice about it and of course tells me how pretty it looks and he's glad I found somewhere that I like to go. But then he keeps talking... he starts telling me about these bugs that come out during the summer. They are called cicadas and they live in the trees. They are huge and they chirp. And randomly, they will fly out of the trees and hit you in the face when you least expect it! Um... thanks Tristan. Paradise ruined :)

Speaking of Tristan, I'm going to be a bit mushy for a minute. Feel free to keep scrolling if that kind of thing makes you gag. But in all seriousness, he is the greatest. I sit at home complaining because I'm so bored and yet he works 7 a.m-10:30 p.m. EVERYDAY! For me! How lucky am I to have the most hard-working husband in the whole world? Not to mention selfless. I mean he comes home exhausted, and yet he makes sure to spend time with me and do anything he can to make me happy. 
The other day one of the other girls in the office asked me how long I've been married (she got married about a month and a half ago). It felt crazy to tell her almost three years! And it was even more crazy to have her respond, "Oh so you guys aren't newlyweds anymore?" No I suppose we aren't but I feel like we are still newlyweds! It feels like we'll be newlyweds forever. I love my handsome husband!





Thank you to Heather (heatherashleyphotos.blogspot.com) for snapping a few of just Tristan and I while she took the DiCristofano family pictures before we left Utah!







No comments:

Post a Comment