November 25, 2013

too much good news!

We've had an eventful weekend! I can't even begin to express how blessed we've been. As everyone knows, I'm a planner. I've basically had my whole life planned out since I was young! And when things don't go as anticipated (...losing out on a lot of money and not being able to buy our house last year...Tristan deciding to change his major...so on so forth...) it truly stresses me out. Sometimes I'm a bit of a pessimist and I never thought things would work out as well as they have. But my Father in Heaven never ceases to show me that everything happens for a reason. And despite how hard that is to learn, I'm really grateful His plan is so much better than mine.

The first thing that happened is the biggest blessing of all. Like seriously, sometimes when I think about it, I wonder if I'm dreaming. But there are still so many things that could go wrong or change the outcome. Therefore I don't want to jinx it so I'm not going to say what it is just yet. I can't wait until I can though! I'm having the hardest time not screaming it from the rooftops!

The second thing that happened was that Tristan decided to take me to Europe for Christmas! He told me earlier this week but we finally bought our plane tickets! It's official! I've dreamed of going to France ever since I met Tristan, 6 years ago! And he's always promised we would go, the timing just hasn't ever been right. But it's happening! I am so excited. I've been begging Tristan to dig up old pictures from all the times he has been to France. He hasn't :( He doesn't get why I would want to see pictures when I'm about to go. I'm just so excited! So instead my mom pulled out all her pictures from her four month study abroad in Europe. Amazing! (and not just because of the hairstyles and boys wearing super short shorts :) love you mom!) Pretty sure I spent my whole day today researching places to go and looking at pictures rather than doing my homework. Whoops... Must focus... Three more weeks...

Third, after four excruciating months I officially know where my life is headed. Dramatic? Maybe. But I feel like this was the determining factor for how the rest of my life would go. I got my capstone at the University Hospital Newborn ICU! I basically squealed when I got the email today. And then I went on to show the email to every person in my family so they could shout in excitement too (they've had to deal with me whining about how we still didn't know where are capstones were going to be for a long time now). And then of course I had to call Tristan at work to tell him (he even forgot what question he had for me because he was so excited!) I've always wanted to work there and this is my way of getting my foot in the door for when I graduate in May. I could not be more excited and am beyond grateful for the opportunity to learn from the nurses there. I know it will be a challenging but very rewarding experience.

WOOT WOOT! Now you know how exciting the letter was :) In my opinion though, they should have at least put an exclamation point after the first sentence.

Finally, today I realized that by the time I get home from my trip, my BFF Megan will be home from her mission! And my other BFF Brooke will be home just a few weeks later! The next few months are going to be amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment