March 1, 2014

Little Things

You know how it's the little things that stick out the most?
Like the other day, Tristan woke up while I was getting ready to go to the hospital (at 5:00 a.m.) and talked to me while I was getting ready.
As little and insignificant as that sounds, it made my day.
Then last night Tristan made me lunches for my next few days at the hospital.
When I sat down for lunch today, I found a knife. This seemed weird at first because I just had a yogurt, sandwich, and goldfish but you know why he put a knife in there?
Because when we are at home he knows I like to have my sandwiches cut in half.
So he made sure I had a knife. Who thinks of that?


You know how when you don't have a lot of time you make every second count?
I've found that to be especially true as I've been crazy with school.
The little amount of time I do have to spend with my little family mean that much more to me.
I've had to work a lot of 12 hour shifts in a row this semester so I've been staying up at my grandma's house in Salt Lake a lot.
She lives literally 5 minutes away from the hospital so it is amazing.
I can get stuff done at night, I get to sleep in, and I get to spend time with my grandma.
It's a great situation for me at least, I think my grandma likes it too though, we have lots of good talks.
Anyways, surprisingly my favorite shifts to work are Saturday and Sunday (I know, sounds horrible because then I miss church) but here's why.
Saturday night Tristan drives up to Salt Lake with my baby girl,
we go to dinner, typically at Costa Vida,
and then we go on a walk around the park by my grandma's house.
I know it sounds funny but these are my all time favorite date nights!
I look forward to it all day long and even though we are really only together for an hour or so, it is my favorite.
I'm feeling grateful for the little things today.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment