April 21, 2014

A little about Easter and a lot about Springtime


I am really loving this whole, document my life through my blog, thing that I have going on right now. A few months ago I was reading through some old posts from way back in my first year of marriage and I realized, I had already forgotten some of the details from just three years ago! And at that point I was grateful for the few posts I had written. Since then, I've vowed to do better. I want to remember every little last detail of this wonderful thing called life. And that is why I am posting so frequently. Love it or don't, but it's making me really happy :)

This post is about spring. It's so wonderful isn't it?

+Spring means trips to the zoo with all my favorite people!






























+Spring means hiking. And seriously, Utah is the most beautiful place in the world.




So no one believed that I could actually carry my adorable nephew in the backpack without tipping over. Don't worry, I proved them wrong. But man I'm sore! I think this little guy needs to be my workout buddy this summer! Also, I love his cheese face. And his sweet little voice. And his love for my Kacee girl. I'm so grateful that I'm almost done with school and I have more time to spend with my sister and nephew.

+Spring means Easter!



























Holidays are the best. I don't believe there is anything better than spending time with family. Tristan's mom spoiled us a few days ago with an easter basket before they left for Las Vegas. Easter Sunday was spent at my parents house. 
My mom always makes ham for Easter. It was delicious.
It was Parker's first memorable Easter and he had so much fun with his Easter egg hunt! He may or may not have shoved as much candy in his mouth as he possibly could. Our neighbors have bunnies so they let us hold them for awhile. Aren't they adorable?? 
Then, my mom had planned an adult Easter egg hunt for all the siblings. It was in the basement, everyone got seven eggs, and we couldn't open them till the hunt was over. It was a blast! And when we got to open them, we were surprised with money along with the treats in our eggs! There were different size bills but Tristan and I got pretty lucky! Andrew got the $50, which was perfect since he is headed up to college in just over a month!
Grandma brought chocolate-covered goodies and my mom made a divine coconut cake. Let's just say no one left hungry, but we all did leave on a bit of a sugar high. We got to play games and have fun. I love my family! And I'm so grateful Grandma Z. got to join us!

+Spring means my tiny little tree is starting to blossom. Just tiny buds but it makes me so happy!


Sorry for the millions of pictures, hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Cute! We miss you guys. Happy Easter! ( A day late ) haha

    ReplyDelete