August 21, 2014

an anniversary getaway


We had the perfect anniversary getaway this year. Tristan planned it all on his own and it was just what we needed. With both our crazy work schedules, the past few months have been filled with brief exchanges before one or the other has to leave. I wish we could have stayed another night!

Tristan said of a few of the pictures we took "this looks like it came from a storybook." which I thought was so true. It was absolutely gorgeous!

We went up to Deer Valley and stayed in the Stein Eriksen Lodge.



This was the view from our room. Amazing right?


For dinner we went to a restaurant called Glitretind. The food... was unreal! It was a super fancy restaurant and Tristan spent most of the dinner teaching me proper etiquette. I may or may not be a bit of an embarrassment to him. A huge thank you to his aunts and cousins for teaching him, at least one of us could fit in.

Every course was amazing, but my absolute favorite was my dessert. The Chocolate Trio. aka. heaven in my mouth.



The next day was spent exploring, taking pictures, and admiring the green everywhere. Seriously, can I be rich and move up here?




We took a lift up to the top of the mountain. I was so excited to see the views. Supposedly you can see Jordanelle. I wouldn't know... we got to see one lookout point...


... before the fog rolled in. I was so sad. We sat around for awhile hoping that it would clear up but it never did. It was fine though, it was just a totally different experience than I was expecting.








It cleared up as we headed back down the mountain and at least we got to see this..



We ate lunch on Main Street and wandered the shops before we had to head home. It was the perfect afternoon holding this cute husband of mine's hand with no cares in the world.

























No comments:

Post a Comment