I've never worked a full-time job. Ever. I've worked 40 hour weeks during the summer but was allowed to take off time for vacation without any trouble. I worked part-time as a CNA for awhile during college. But nothing full-time. And I've definitely never worked a job where I actually have to sustain a certain amount of hours in order to keep my insurance. What is this crazy grown up life?
As I'm struggling to adjust to this new life of mine, I've come to rely heavily on my days off. Is that normal? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my job, but I'm exhausted. So here's what I've found to truly maximize my two days off:
At least one of the days has to be spent doing nothing. And when I say nothing I mean, I'm lucky if I change out of my pajamas and into sweats. I don't know why but I need a day to lounge at home and do whatever I want all by myself. That's the key. Sometimes I just need space to watch movies, work on my scrapbooks or take a nap.
The other day has to be productive. Whether it be just plain old catching up on housework and laundry or my personal favorite, a fun day spent with the love of my life [or family/friends]. I'd choose the latter any day but his work schedule doesn't always allow that and sometimes I can be a shut in. Yes, I admit it, I like to stay home.
Yesterday was a fun day! Let me show you...
Sunrise at the lake, there is truly nothing better... Except that it was a weekday morning and we practically had the lake to ourselves. Heaven!

This is possibly my favorite part of the morning.
I have this really awesome friend named Meg... She is beyond athletic, gorgeous and overall talented in pretty much every aspect of life.
The other week she posted a picture of her doing a cool trick on the slalom ski, naturally I had to give it a try. [head on over to megandbrymiles.blogspot.com to see what it was actually supposed to look like].
Obviously it didn't end well for me... and by didn't end well I mean that I did a front flip over my ski. Better luck next time...
My sexy husband on the wakeboard. Unfortunately all my pictures of his flips ended up blurry but he is so close! He can land it and now just needs to hold on! I'm terrified he's going to get it on one of the trips that I can't come due to work :(
[p.s. I'm obsessed with that gorgeous green mountain in the background. utah, you never disappoint]
And OH MY GOODNESS can you believe how amazing my little brother is at the wakeboard! Seriously, I could watch him all day long. Feel free to take a few minutes to just stare at that picture... it really is as amazing as it looks.

This niece and nephew of mine are Greenwood through and through. They were made to live on the boat. And just so cute. Also, a huge thanks to my family for allowing me to have the most snuggle time with Chloe, I just can't get enough of babies!

Just look at that water... glass! It was honestly the perfect morning.
Other highlights of our day:
- Kneaders french toast.
- Helping my sister get her house ready for Chloe's baby blessing this weekend, and especially watching Tristan snuggle baby Chloe... Seriously melts my heart.
- Making dinner with my hubby.
- Taking our Kacee on a walk.
- And ending the day with a little pedicure from my one and only. Not only is he better at painting my toenails than I am, but he's oh so kind to actually do it for me on a regular basis.







Kristan... i just adore you. And i feel the same exact way about my days off- they are heaven sent. love your blog! xoxo ... and p.s. i love that tristan paints your toenails. you two are adorable.
ReplyDelete