A. I miss white sand beaches & the turquoise ocean.
B. I miss my two best friends.
C. I did not have time to go through all the pictures from Guatemala or Honduras this week.
But mostly because I miss my two best friends.
So, we went on .t.h.e. coolest senior trip. I still can't get over how much our parents spoiled us! It was two weeks long and Cancun was only four days at the end. I'm not kidding when I say this trip was a once in a lifetime experience. Truly, I don't think I've been on a trip like it since... but we will get to all that another day. Today we are just talking about the fun at the beach the last few days of the trip.
c a n c u n - 2 0 0 9
First stop, Tulum. History with the prettiest views. You can't go wrong with either of those. Just excuse
We stayed at Barcelo Costa Cancun (I only know/remember that because it says it on our slippers, yay!) It was an all-inclusive resort and as far as I can remember we really enjoyed it. I know a lot of people aren't fans of all-inclusive resorts... I'm impartial for now... but I think in Cancun, go all-inclusive. Ice cream whenever you want, really, it's awesome.
While in Cancun, you have to walk on the beach at night. I love the beach anytime of day but there is something majestic about the ocean at night.
Side Note: Oh my goodness, look how tan I was! I have not been that tan since that summer. :(
Meet my best friends, Megan & Brooke. If you don't know them yet, I am failing at my job. They are the best. I don't know what I'd do without them.
While in Cancun, you have to get your hair braided! Am I right??
Obviously I don't play tennis... It looks like I'm at a baseball game. Well, I did my best and it was fun anyway.
While in Cancun, utilize all the 'free' activities and such you get from the all-inclusive resort!
While in Cancun, you have to go parasailing. It's just one of those things, I automatically think of Cancun when I think of parasailing. It's fun and the view is amazing. And I love when they dip you down low enough to touch your feet to the water.
While in Cancun, you just have to relax at the beach and you have to watch at least one sunrise.
We just stayed at the resort this trip because the first week & a half was go, go, go... So these few days were meant to be relaxing. I know there is a lot to do outside of the resorts as well. To name a few that we did on a family trip: Chichen Itza, Xcaret, & Yucatan Cave Lake.
What were your favorite things to do in Cancun?
Gorgeous!! What a fun trip you took. I always wish my best friends and I could go on vacation together... maybe one day :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like an amazing vacation! I love Mexico vacays.
ReplyDeleteYou are so tan! I miss Mexico so much. Cancun really is the best.
ReplyDeleteOh I hope you get to! It really is the best.
ReplyDeletethat looks so fun!!! I didn't go on a senior trip with my friends... opted for two with my parents haha :) But what a good choice! My husband and I LOVE visiting mexico! :)
ReplyDelete