April 22, 2015

a list of happy

I keep sitting in front of my computer with the intent of writing something, anything, for this little space of mine. And after a few minutes of blank stares and fingers hovering over the keyboard... I close the screen and crawl into bed or turn on Netflix. It's a serious problem. It's not that I have nothing to say. My mind has been running a million miles a minute since I returned from vacation. It's more that everytime I sit down all that comes out revolves around Tristan, baby boy and work. All of which I feel like I've rambled on about enough already. I guess it's just one of those weeks. Maybe months. Probably more likely years. Because let's be honest, I haven't been able to blog consistently since the new year. So thank you to those who keep coming back to read despite my inconsistency. I'm certain I won't be getting back on track soon, but I am going to try. And for now, I'm going to leave with a little list of things that are making me happy lately.. Because despite Tristan being gone and all the emotions that has brought, and despite my sleep schedule being completely messed up due to nightshifts, and despite feeling like a failure of a mom to Kacee because I have to leave her alone for 14 hours.. things really are going good. I feel like the more times I tell myself that the more I start to believe it. So I'm just going to keep on saying it :)


discovering the best ice cream flavor in the world (ben & jerry's salted caramel core), i'm a bit obsessed || sunny spring weather and blossoms || catching up with best friends || watching kacee play with other puppies || april snow storms, utah weather really is my favorite || good morning texts from tristan || booking my flight to st. louis and finding out that tristan doesn't have to work while i'm there after all || running into my little brother at the hospital before the last of a long string of night shifts || costco size strawberry and raspberry containers all to myself || starting a new book || giving babies baths || and going into baby boy's room first thing in the morning when the sun is streaming in

2 comments:

  1. Love your list! I can't even believe your job (well, part of!) is to bathe newborn babies all the time. Seriously so amazing! Hooray that Tristan doesn't have to work while you're visiting him! Oh and PS you are way more regular than I am at blogging right now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet list! Loved the last one :)

    ReplyDelete