April 23, 2015

Kacee turns four!

This time last year was a pretty important time of my life. It's hard to believe it has already been a year since I finished classes. Where has time gone?

And speaking of where has time gone... remember this baby girl? Back when she'd chew on the door frame when we left her in the bathroom while we went out. When she'd walk at Tristan's heels when we'd try to take her running. When she'd bark at herself in the mirror or the reflection in the window. When I thought I didn't want her on the bed. When her tail wasn't fluffy and her fur was so thin and soft. When she had that adorable puppy belly. When she couldn't jump on the couch on her own.


Dang she was cute then.


But man, she is still pretty cute.

She has the softest fur and prettiest eyes (until they are all you can see in the dark). She is the best nap buddy and walk buddy. But don't think about taking her on a run. She loves to hike, loves playing in the water, loves chasing chickens, loves playing frisbee, loves the snow, loves walks with grandpa and loves getting treats from her papa. She is quite the angel child. She can stay at home by herself and not get into anything or have any accidents. Though she prefers to come with us as much as she can and just hang out in the car, which is probably why summer is her least favorite season. She is super good with kids - even when they bounce on her, pull her tail, or pet her all too not gently - and especially when they feed her their dinner. Her favorite child is my niece Chloe, hopefully that will change to baby boy when he gets here but we will see. She might be a bit spoiled and can be a bit of a princess but overall she's a sweet girl.

I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'll continue to say it again and again. But, I'm so grateful to have her in my life. If I had known all the amazing ways she would change my life, it wouldn't have taken so long for Tristan to convince me to get a dog. Then again, I'm grateful it did because that led us to Kacee and I think it's her and her personality that is exactly what we needed.

^ that one time she turned 2 and we got her a cake, sorry we aren't that awesome anymore kacee ^

^ she's a traveler : sacramento, wisconsin, maryland, las vegas, and all places utah... someday she'll make it to lake powell with us ^

^ love, love, love when that tongue hangs out the side ^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KACEE!
Forever and always my baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Aw happy birthday Kacee! Pretty good that your husband was able to convince you after just a year! We are going on year 7 and I'm still working on convincing my husband of the dog thing... haha!

    ReplyDelete