Baby DiCristofano is the length of an ear of corn.
8.5 inches long and weighs 1 1/2 pounds!
Weight gain: My next appointment is in 2 weeks so we will see then.
Maternity clothes: I still fit in most of my pants and shorts as long as I do the rubber band trick but I love wearing my maternity pants because... comfy! My favorite thing to wear lately though are dresses. Baby has been growing a lot lately! As you saw in my last post, I spent the last week in Mexico and my family was convinced that I had grown from the day we got there to the day we left. It truly is amazing to wake up each morning just a little bigger than the day before!
Movement: He has really started to move! Sometimes his kicks are so strong that they actually startle me and make me jump. Little soccer player in there maybe?? :) In fact on Sunday I saw his kicks from the outside of my belly for the first time.. kind of crazy! I notice him moving the most in the morning right after I wake up and I just love to lay in bed and enjoy that time with him.
Sleep: Without jinxing it... I'm sleeping great! I started using my bumpnest when I got home from Mexico and it may just be my favorite thing in the world. It really is so comfortable.
Feeling: Ever since our 15 hour drive home from Mexico I think my tailbone is out of place because it's pretty painful. I've also had a bit more back pain but nothing that can't be managed. Overall, I'm still comfortable and I still have energy though I do find myself tiring faster than I would have pre-pregnancy. I'm just going to keep enjoying this second trimester for as long as I can!
Best moment this week: Obviously spending a week in Mexico was the highlight. Top that with Shay talking to baby boy, Tanner telling me "I'm huge", and being asked for the first time how far along I am. But coming home to my Kacee Girl after being gone for so long was pretty great as well.
Worst moment this week: Being home alone and realizing that it hasn't even been two weeks yet.
Looking forward to: Is it pessimistic to say nothing??
One of the pregnancy apps I've been using announced yesterday that my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball - um... thanks... It also announced though that baby is packing on the pounds and just imagining his little fat rolls developing makes me smile.
On another note, my belly button. It's still in but the top half has started to fold down over the bottom half. Weird right? I thought it was just supposed to get flatter.
Time is just flying by! 16 weeks until we get to meet our handsome little man :) On Sunday my sister-in-law asked what color I think his hair is going to be. If I had to guess I'd go with brown because of Tristan. But I was a little toe-headed blonde when I was little so it's definitely a possibility. What do you think?

Pregnancy does weird things to your body. Belly buttons are changed forever! My hair gets darker every time I have a baby (and I loved my blonde hair). But it's also fun if you feel good. Glad all is going well for you so far!
ReplyDeletei love how positive you are about this whole experience - from maternity clothes to handling back pain. you're a champ!!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Hopefully the same can be said when I'm 9 months pregnant and the size of a hippopotamus :)
ReplyDeleteYes it does! And this is probably just the beginning for me :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute mama to be! Seriously, so excited for you. Pregnancy can be awful but so much fun too!
ReplyDelete