Baby DiCristofano is the size of a spaghetti squash.
8 inches long and weighing in at 1 whole pound!
How far along: 22 weeks and 2 days.
Total weight gain: 13 pounds
Maternity clothes: Baby boy and I had a growth spurt the past two weeks! One week I was going to work, still looking completely not pregnant in my scrubs. And the next week I went to work and immediately texted Tristan to say, "I'm finally looking pregnant in my scrubs!" Similar story with my regular pants. One day they were fitting comfortably and then a few days later I went to wear them again and Tristan had to help me zip them up :) Needless to say, I finally pulled the trigger and went maternity clothes shopping. I mostly bought a lot of cute dresses but I also ended up with a pair of pants and a pair of capris. And can I just say... they are so comfortable! I'm on the lookout for a pair of maternity shorts - I've been to at least half a dozen stores and they all fit too big or don't have my size! I've even looked online and half of them don't even come in my size period. It's been obnoxious. So where are your favorite places to get maternity shorts that aren't $70?
Movement: Still moving in there :) Tristan finally got to feel one tiny kick last night and the surprise in his voice was priceless! We've been trying to get Tristan to feel him for over a week now but every time he would stick his hand on my belly, baby boy would stop moving. Apparently he's already stubborn.
Sleep: I've been sleeping well this week though we discovered I've become a light sleeper. I go to bed early when I work the next day and I've started waking up when Tristan comes to bed.
Cravings: No cravings this week! Though who doesn't love ice cream, am I right?
Feeling: More and more pregnant. Is it too early for the pregnancy waddle? Because when I first get up after sitting down I find that I have it for a few steps.
I was feeling extremely anxious - you see, I work in the Newborn ICU so all I see is preterm and sick babies. We recently got a baby that is the size of my baby and it freaked me out. So I stressed and stressed about not being able to know if my baby was going to come early or not. Luckily, a few days ago, after talking to the doctor who was completely unconcerned I realized that there is nothing I can do to change what is going to happen so there is no sense in worrying. I have zero risk factors so I'm just going to have a little faith. And guess what, I feel so much better!
Overall, I feel good! Energy is still up there and I'm not uncomfortable yet. I just adore having a constant little companion.
I was feeling extremely anxious - you see, I work in the Newborn ICU so all I see is preterm and sick babies. We recently got a baby that is the size of my baby and it freaked me out. So I stressed and stressed about not being able to know if my baby was going to come early or not. Luckily, a few days ago, after talking to the doctor who was completely unconcerned I realized that there is nothing I can do to change what is going to happen so there is no sense in worrying. I have zero risk factors so I'm just going to have a little faith. And guess what, I feel so much better!
Overall, I feel good! Energy is still up there and I'm not uncomfortable yet. I just adore having a constant little companion.
Best moment this week: Our ultrasound! It was heaven spending 30+ minutes watching our little guy. He is currently breech, he had his adorable little ankles crossed, and his hand over his face as though he was camera shy. But, of course he was not afraid for one second to let us know that he is, in fact, a boy. Everything checked off as normal which in my mind means he is perfect!
Also, finishing the nursery! I'll post pictures as soon as the mommy chair gets here in a month or so! I absolutely love it :)
Also, finishing the nursery! I'll post pictures as soon as the mommy chair gets here in a month or so! I absolutely love it :)
Worst moment this week: Kidney pain. I had an infection last year so when I started feeling that again, I was sure it was an infection. I had blood and leukocytes in my urine but nothing ended up growing. That leads us to kidney stones. It has been horrible. But, I'm trying to drink tons of water so that they will dissolve and I won't have to pass them. Fingers crossed.
Missing anything? Just the love of my life. He left this morning for his 19 hour drive to St. Louis. I don't think it has hit me yet that he is actually gone for the next 4 months but we've spent so much time together the last month that I missed waking up with him this morning.
happy april, my friends!


yay! i love the baby updates! i'm right there with you on maternity shorts - they are SO hard to find! i have a couple pairs from old navy (from my first pregnancy) but I can't say I really love any of them although they do fit better than any other maternity shorts i've found. but you have to shop online because their maternity selection in stores is awful! And wait until there's a 40% off code! I bought a pair of white maternity shorts from A Pea in the Pod this pregnancy when they were on major sale for like $11 but they came and even though it's the smallest size they carry they're still bigger than I wish they were. I'm keeping them anyway because - $11!! And I swear that anxiety about baby coming early has happened to me for every pregnancy even though I have zero risk factors and neither of my babies were even a day early ha! It's not until I hit 30 weeks that I feel like I can breathe a little easier. EEK.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I'm not the only one who stresses about baby coming early! I was seriously struggling for a bit there! I'll have to keep an eye out for a good sale because the pair of shorts I want is from A Pea in the Pod but of course they are so expensive. And thanks for the tips about old navy! I only looked in the store and yeah... there wasn't much... so I'll have to take a look online.
ReplyDelete