April 13, 2015

puerto penasco, mexico

I was beyond spoiled this spring break. Last minute, my mom invited me to Mexico with them when she found out Tristan was leaving so early. It was truly the greatest gift she could give me to help me get through that first week and a half alone.

- days one & two -



It was a long drive... 15 hours... but totally worth it! Between watching the cactus go by and eating the best ice cream in the world, it wasn't too bad. But nonetheless, we were excited when we finally arrived. Our condo was amazing! It had a 180 degree view of the beach. Above is the view from opposite ends of our balcony. We had our own hot tub and the floor to ceiling sliding doors were exactly what I want in my own house someday. It was pure heaven listening to the waves from our bedroom every night.



We spent the first two days watching LDS general conference and going on walks on the beach. Lots of relaxing so by Monday, we were ready to go.

- day three -



highlights included: flying the ultra-light over the bay, dolphin watching & sipping pina coladas.






- day four -


highlights included: skim-boarding, lounging on the beach & authentic tacos.




- day five -




highlights included: shopping at old port, eating ice cream, & flying kites + playing frisbee at sunset.





 - day six -






highlights included: four-wheeling + rhino riding, banana tubing, jet skiing & throwing a piƱata off the ninth floor for Marissa's birthday.




- day seven -






 highlights included: three hour boat ride to San Jorge Island complete with free drinks and dance parties, kayaking + swimming with 3,000 sea lions, one last sunset walk on the beach & collecting seashells.



stay tuned for my video of the trip coming sometime later this week! sea lions close up are possibly the most amazing and adorable creatures. :)




8 comments:

  1. soooo jealous! looked fun. :) and yes, sea lions are amazing! bray and I swam with them in cancun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin DiCristofanoApril 14, 2015 at 1:36 PM

    oh yeah I forgot you guys did that. you are going to die over the video footage I got of them, they are so cute and act just like puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie DicristofanoApril 15, 2015 at 4:24 AM

    yeah they were so funny. they smile and have whiskers, that was definitely a highlight of our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks like such a fantastic and much needed trip. I'm seriously wanting one of those Pina Colada's now :). And can I just say I appreciate how you dressed while there. I feel like a lot of people use warm trips as excuses to dress how ever they want, but you still dressed cute and modest. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks like such a fun trip! all the sun & beaches...I need a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin DiCristofanoApril 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM

    Yes you do! Tell the hubby it's time for a babymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin DiCristofanoApril 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM

    That is possibly the sweetest comment anyone has ever left me. Thank you! It is hard to dress modest in this crazy world but it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete