We hit the third trimester mark!
I just can't believe how soon we get to meet our little nugget!
There are no words for how unbelievably excited I am...
Will he have hair?
Please be small, my little one.
Is he going to have olive skin like Tristan?
To hold him on my chest that first time...
Is his daddy going to make it to his delivery?
I just can't wait :)
Though I do have to say, I'm going to miss being pregnant. I'm going to miss spending time just him and I, feeling him move and watching him grow. I'm going to miss my constant companion, what am I going to do when he can't come to work with me? I've loved 95% of all that being pregnant entails and I will miss it.
Baby DiCristofano is the size of an eggplant.
16 inches long and about 2 1/2 pounds!
How far along: 28 weeks and 1 day. t h i r d t r i m e s t e r ! ! I'm not sure where the month went since my last update, before I knew it 26 weeks was long past and I'd never written about it here on the blog.
Weight gain: 18 pounds.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes, either that or dresses. Every here and then I'll try to fit in pre-pregnancy pants but it just ends up being a fairly uncomfortable day. I'm even getting closer to needing bigger scrubs but who wants to spend their clothes budget on boring navy scrubs?
Movement: My absolute favorite thing in the world :) Sometimes it feels like he's just rolling around, other times we get a few kicks. Most movement is still felt lower which makes me wonder if he is still breech. My favorite movements of all are when he just goes crazy and I feel jabbing all over my stomach. I can't help but wonder what he is doing in there!
Sleep: Fantastic! Up until the last few days... I've started waking up more than once a night to go to the bathroom and I've started getting horrible rib pain which makes it impossible to get comfortable. Seriously, it feels like I've broken my ribs. Please tell me someone has a solution. I'm headed to the chiropractor tomorrow and I'm hoping he can help a little. I'm optimistic that this trouble sleeping will be a temporary problem, don't you dare crush my optimism with talk about difficulty sleeping during the third trimester :)
Cravings: All things fruity. Give me fresh fruit, smoothies, sherbet, real fruit popsicles... yum... In fact I had a friend post a picture on instagram the other day of a fruit pizza... you know... sugar cookie, smothered in frosting, with all fruits of every color perfectly patterned on the top? I've been dying for fruit pizza ever since.
Feeling: Besides the ribs, tailbone, and back pain we feel just like normal! I'm not feeling huge yet and I haven't lost my energy just yet either. I'm going to ride this 'feeling good' train for as long as baby boy will let me.
Best moment this week: Visiting my baby's daddy! I got to go to St. Louis for just less than a week and Tristan took the time off work so we got to spend 24/7 with each other for those days. It was pure bliss. I loved having him talk to baby, react to his kicks, and pamper me (he painted my toenails, was always there to help me stand up, and was constantly making sure I was feeling okay).
^ my week 26 bump ^
Worst moment this week: So, since it's technically been a month since I last updated, this list may seem kind of long. But we really are doing good over here I promise :)
- I have not been emotional at all this pregnancy. I cried more on clomid than I have being pregnant. But, the past month, the emotions have exploded! I probably cried maybe twice up until this point. But now, I'm crying in the bathroom at work, I'm crying because my computer ran out of space so I can't upload pictures from my trip, I'm crying at least once a day, I'm crying because my dog wants to go play but all I want to do is sit on my couch. Wow. It's been a mess. I'll blame it on the fact that Tristan is gone. I do have to say though that it has been two whole days since my last episode so I'm crossing my fingers that the tears are gone for the rest of the pregnancy.
- After coming home from Mexico I had to make up a lot of hours at work. It was exhausting working more than my normal three days of 12 hour shifts. I kind of got a little burnt out but luckily since I got another break by visiting Tristan, I'm happy to be back to work.
- Glucose screening: so the actual drink... not so bad. Just a sugary drink that I would never choose to drink but I wasn't gagging the whole time. the blood draw... I don't mind needles one bit. but, working a nightshift then staying up all day on top of a sugary drink... yeah I was sick for a few days after that but I truly believe it was more from exhaustion than anything. If you've ever worked a nightshift and then not slept... I think you'll know what I'm talking about.
- I came home from visiting Tristan with the sickness that he had when I got there. Huge bummer because then not only was I sad to be home but I felt horrible. It was a rough few days.
Looking forward to: My doctors appointment next week.
Missing anything? I was re-watching the video of our trip to Florida last year and started to kind of miss my normal body, especially as summer is upon us and I feel a lot less confident. Also, I had to work so I couldn't be there when my mom got her mother's day call from my brother on his mission, I miss that baby brother of mine. Also, is it redundant to say I miss Tristan?
A few other things to note... rings still fit my fingers, my ankles haven't started to swell after being on my feet all day, and my belly button is currently flat but likely to be an outie soon. Tristan and I splurged on baby clothes for the very first time. We stuck to sales/clearances but it was possibly the funnest shopping trip ever. It was my mother's day gift and I love it! I have officially run my belly into something because I tried to squeeze through a space that I used to be able to fit through. And the sweet lady at Arctic Circle today went straight to asking me when my due date was rather than timidly asking if I was expecting. Baby boy is growing!



You look so great! And so tiny - I'm jealous!!
ReplyDeleteHated that drink! But I'm glad it wasn't so bad tasting for you. Cute little bump, you look tiny. I hated people telling me that just because I felt huge. But you do look great!
ReplyDeleteI finally remembered my stupid Disqus password and can comment!!! You're looking Amazing!! I have crazy awful rib pain too, it's always centred on the right, just under my ribs and the only thing that seems to get rid of it is pressing on the area! Has Tristan gone away for work? I hope he's done in time for his baby boys arrival!
ReplyDeleteso cute krist! you're still so tiny but you can definitely see that baby bump. cute outfit too! :)
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable! I can't wait to meet your sweet baby boy. Keep posting bumpdates :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so true! I feel like I'm getting so big and then I take a picture and it never looks as big as it feels :) thank you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jamie! :)
ReplyDeleteHe can't wait to meet you either :) and I can't wait to see you!
ReplyDeletethanks Marci! You look amazing too! You're just way too hard on yourself :)
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Glad you're doing well! :)
ReplyDeletealso, i cry everyday over songs, movies, blog posts, and some of the most random things ever! it's very normal :) hormones are kind of crazy! haha.
ReplyDelete