May 27, 2015

Baby DiCristofano | Week 30


Baby DiCristofano is the size of a butternut squash.
16 inches long and almost 3 pounds.
He is getting closer to his birth length but he still needs to double his weight!

How far along: 30 weeks and 2 days

Weight gain: 20 pounds

Maternity clothes: Either that, dresses, scrubs, or sweats and a t-shirt :)

Movement: The most amazing thing happened one night last week! I was working a night shift and my little nugget was moving, A LOT! Not kicks and punches just lots of movement. It was around 4 am that I felt the very first jab in my rib. First time the entire pregnancy that I had felt movement up that high. I was certain baby boy had just turned himself from breech to head down. At my appointment a few days later, sure enough, baby boy is head down!

Sleep: I'm getting up to go to the bathroom at least twice a night but I always fall back asleep pretty easily. So no complaints just yet.

Cravings: Nothing new this week but I'd still love a fruit pizza if anyone has tons of spare time on their hands :)

Feeling: Very pregnant. It was weird because it pretty much hit me overnight. All day at work today my co-workers kept saying things like, "there really is a baby in there!" or "you finally popped!" and "did you grow that baby overnight?"
I'm tired, oh so tired! I can't tell if it's from switching from night shifts back to day shifts or if it's pregnancy related but the exhaustion is getting close to first trimester exhaustion. Also, on Monday I was having a hard time breathing. Like I said, I feel pregnant. I've also had a few days of nausea- again, it could be related to work or it could be related to pregnancy, it's hard to tell. And finally, the rib pain is back. Not as bad as it was when I last wrote but I'm obviously due for another appointment with the chiropractor.

Best moment this week: At my doctor appointment after he had measured and we'd listened to heartbeat and I'd asked all the questions I could think of, my doctor turned to me and said, "you're my last appointment for the morning, what do you say we go take a quick peek?" I might have squealed from excitement, or pretty close. We hadn't done an ultrasound since the anatomy scan around 21 weeks! It was the greatest day ever and just what I needed amidst a rough week missing Tristan. Baby boy is looking good! He looks so much more squished in there already, it's hard to imagine how he will double his weight in the last couple months. Where is he going to go!??
My mom and dad came with me to pick up our momma chair! I love it! And now I can sit in baby's nursery comfortably :) While there, my mom and I also picked through the clearance and sales... don't worry, we came away with a lot of cute clothes.

Worst moment this week: I honestly can't think of anything without repeating how much I miss Tristan :) Overall I'd say it has been a good few weeks.

Looking forward to: girls trip in 11 days!


One of my pregnancy apps pulled up a discussion the other day that I thought was interesting. 
"You know you're in the third trimester when..."
I want to remember when I stopped being able to do things so here we go:

- you can't tie your shoes -
- you have to take a couple minutes to breathe before putting on your other sock -
- you can't shave your legs -
- you drop something and contemplate just leaving it there -
- you get winded just blow drying your hair -
- you can't switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer -
- you can't cross your legs while sitting -
- a car parks too close to you and you can't fit through the drivers side door so you have to get in from the other side and attempt to climb over -
- you grunt, moan or sigh -
- you are selective of where you sit because you might not be able to get up on your own -

what are some of the things you've found to be problematic in the third trimester?

luckily, I can still tie my shoes, put my socks on, paint my toenails and shave my legs... I don't know what we are going to do when I lose those since Tristan is gone... slippers all day everyday?
I've never been winded from blow drying my hair but today I definitely got winded while showering so that probably counts.
dropping things on the floor... the worst...
I can still do laundry, cross my legs while sitting and I've never had a car park too close to me (thank goodness!) 
but I have bumped my belly on something (at 28 weeks) because I thought I was small enough to squeeze through the space and I definitely grunt/sigh frequently throughout the day.
I've never sat somewhere that I couldn't get up on my own... but when I was in St. Louis and Tristan would help me stand up no matter where I was, it was complete heaven. It's definitely a lot more work standing up by myself.

3 comments:

  1. I love getting ultra sounds. That's awesome that your dr did that.

    The easiest way to shave is to sit on the side of the tub. Still not great, but better than other ways.

    I also just leave my shoes tied ms slip them on and off so I don't have to tie them. Or I wear non tying shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so close! You look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally with you on the clothes girly - I avoid pants at all costs unless they are my scrubs. You look great!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete