I am absolutely obsessed with how our pictures turned out from our maternity shoot! Thank you to Kristina Bills for doing such a wonderful job. You can check out her website to see a few more pictures but I will be picking my personal favorites and sharing them here on my blog sometime soon as well.
Baby DiCristofano is the size of a pineapple!
19-20 inches long and supposedly 4.75 pounds.
How far along: 34 weeks
Weight gain: 28 pounds, boo :( I know it's totally normal but it's still not super fun.
Maternity clothes: Pretty much all the time.
Movement: All day every day and I absolutely love it! He has started to get the hiccups about once a day. He has his foot positioned perfectly in my left rib. And he always pushes his cute little bum on the left side of my belly so that I'm as lopsided as can be. He doesn't really push back if we try to bug him though like everyone always talks about. I keep wondering if as I get farther along if he will or if maybe he just doesn't care :)
Sleep: Fantastic! And lots of it!
Cravings: Snow cones, sorbet, ice cream, popsicles. That could be more related to summer though than pregnancy.
Feeling: Overall, really good! I definitely feel large and in charge these days. It takes more effort to move than it ever has and some days at work I just can't get myself to take the stairs (I'm one of those people who always takes the stairs so that is a huge deal).
The rib pain has been mostly gone since my last update, hallelujah!
On the flight to New York my feet started to swell for the first time ever. And then on the flight home from New York they exploded, or so it felt :) It took a few days for them to recover but once they did, they were fine until yesterday which was my fifth 12 hour shift in a row.
Best moment this week: There have been so many good moments since I last updated! It's been a full month after all! Top on the list is a surprise visit from Tristan, pool days, a girls trip to New York with my mom and sisters, and taking maternity pictures.
As always, I love my baby appointments, especially when Tristan is home to come with me! When my doctor went to measure me he was like, "woah! looks like you're running out of room!" why yes doctor, I am :) And he is guessing that baby is about 3 pounds which is smaller than what all the apps are saying but I'm measuring right on and I wouldn't mind having a smaller baby :) Tristan was 6 pounds something ounces and I was 5 pounds something ounces so our chances are good! I'm looking forward to going to the doctor more frequently now!
Worst moment this week: Finding out that my doctors don't deliver at Utah Valley Regional. I swear we talked to them about this our very first appointment because that was the number one thing I wanted. Well, no they only deliver at American Fork so now I have to decide if I'm going to stick with them and deliver at American Fork (with the small chance of baby needing more help and having to be transported to Utah Valley, I see way too much in my line of work...) or if I'm going to switch to the group that delivers at Utah Valley but not know any of the doctors. I'm still torn. Tristan thinks we should just go ahead and deliver at AF but I'm still nervous.
Looking forward to: My baby shower on Saturday!
Overall, I feel so blessed to be able to experience being pregnant. I love almost everything about it and I've been so lucky as far as symptoms have gone. I'm eager to meet our little one but at the same time, I'm in no rush. I love this time with him.

I usually don't like maternity pictures, but I think yours turned out really good. Tastefully done. If you decide to look for a new dr, I love Sarah Andrews from Utah valley ob. In Provo. She's amazing and she's your dr the whole time so you get to know her pretty well. She will deliver at Utah valley and the dr office is across the street from the hospital.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely have to look into her but I like the idea that it's just her not whoever is on call.
ReplyDeleteI loved that about her. With my first I just got who ever was on call. And that was OK, but I loved knowing who would be there with my second. Shes super nice too and gentle, thats a big deal. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a bummer about your doctors not delivering at UVRMC! But I've heard amazing things about deliveries at AF!! Do they not have a Level 2 NICU? I delivered at OCH and they only had a Level 1 NICU but my doctor told me if the baby had to be transferred to UVRMC they would likely be able to get me transferred over there too so maybe they would do the same for you in the small chance that he needs to be transferred! But also - I switched doctors in my second pregnancy at 32ish weeks and it totally was not a big deal at all! Good luck, such a hard decision! PS looking darling! can't wait to see the rest of your maternity pictures!
ReplyDeleteSWITCH TO DR. NANCE!!!!! He delivers at Utah Valley and he is SO GOOD!! I loved delivering at Utah Valley and don't think I would go somewhere that did didn't have the Level 2 NICU just in case they wouldn't transfer me.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! :)
ReplyDeleteI know I hate making decisions! AF has a level 2 nursery but Utah Valleys is a level 3... That's nice that your doctor would transfer you, I'll have to ask because i would prefer not to switch doctors... But also good to know that you switched and it wasn't a big deal. Thanks, makes me feel a little better! ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recommendation, I'll have to look into Dr. Nance! I know... I don't want to deliver anywhere else either but now that it comes down to it, it's still such a hard decision.
ReplyDelete