June 22, 2015

Dear Husband,


Tristan,

Yesterday was your first ever semi-official Father's Day! I say semi-official because I vote that even though baby boy isn't here yet it still counts. Next year though we can call it your first official Father's Day because our little nugget will be here and he will be nine months old! But let's be honest, you've been a daddy to our Kacee girl for four years now, most people just think it's ridiculous to consider pets as children. But we don't :)

I will never forget the rollercoaster we went through to get to this point. I always thought that each month filled with new hope and new disappointment would be hardest on me but looking back, I know it was just as hard on you. You've wanted to be a dad for so long and I made you wait until I could finish school and start a career. I realize now that you were the stronger one, you were my shoulder to lean on even when you felt your world crumbling just as I did.

I will never forget the morning I took a pregnancy test even though you told me to wait another few days. I was determined that if it was a negative, I wouldn't tell you I had taken it. Luckily, I didn't have to find out if I could stick to that because for the first time, it wasn't negative! I remember the giddiness and the way I couldn't stop shaking all day waiting for you to get home from work so I could share the good news.

I will never forget you walking in the door. You had brought home a cookie for me but I couldn't even think about that because I was too nervous waiting for you to notice the surprise I had set up on the bed. I will never forget the look of joy mixed with disbelief when you finally saw it, the way you picked me up and wouldn't let me go. You've been a daddy since that moment.

We spent hours talking about this life we had created.
You took me on countless day dates to Babys R Us, Buy Buy Baby, and Target until we had finally created a nursery that we both loved. Those were always my favorite days...
You took control and you did the research when I got overwhelmed deciding which carseat, stroller, pack and play, etc... we wanted.
I've never felt more love for you than watching your excitement around all things baby.

I love that you got your little boy first. I have no doubt in my mind that you would have loved a baby girl just as much but I've never been more happy to see you this happy.
I can't wait to meet your mini me and I hope he turns out just like his daddy.
Outgoing, generous, hard-working and determined, always making me laugh.
Oh so handsome..

I have loved watching you interact with him as he grows in my belly.
You've made me feel pretty even on the days when I feel like a hippopotamus.
And even from thousands of miles away, we still feel taken care of by you.
My favorite memory is that first time you felt him move. It was better than Christmas morning.
I miss the way you talk to him when you are with us.
He misses it too.

Thank you for working so hard for our little family. Thank you for supporting me while I chased my dreams, I have no doubt that you will do the same for baby boy. Thank you for loving us with all that you have. We are so lucky to have you.

I love you. I didn't know it was possible to love you more than I did when I married you but I do. And I know that love will only deepen as I watch you fulfill your role as a daddy. Wrestling, cuddling, and teaching our little boy. I can't wait!

Love, Kristin

7 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet! This is lovely and so well written! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! (and pets totally count as kids too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Tristan is going to be a great daddy...and you'll be a great mommy! Excited for your little one to make his big debut SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin DiCristofanoJune 24, 2015 at 12:07 PM

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin DiCristofanoJune 24, 2015 at 12:08 PM

    Yay, finally someone who agrees!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin DiCristofanoJune 24, 2015 at 12:08 PM

    Oh that's very sweet, thank you Sierra! I'm biased but I do love our relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin DiCristofanoJune 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM

    I know it's coming up so fast! I'm dying to meet him! And if he has half the hair that Zoe has, I'll be absolutely thrilled! Her dark hair just melts me every time I see pictures!

    ReplyDelete