June 26, 2015

oh hey friday! - a surprise visit



warning: lots of pictures where I'm making weird faces and looking all awkward. I was just so happy to be with my love that I couldn't be normal for like three seconds.

day one :

my plane landed in utah from new york city at 11:30 pm on friday night. imagine my surprise when, walking towards baggage claim, a familiar voice says from behind me, "excuse me, do you know what time it is?"

I definitely squealed. I also definitely gave him the biggest tightest hug in the whole wide world. I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the night. and I most definitely wouldn't let go of his hand no matter what. everyone asked me if I cried... nope! I'm not a crier but I was over the moon excited to see him!

day two :

we're talking the ultimate summer day. sleep in, make a delicious breakfast, hang out at the pool going around the lazy river a million times, snow cones, dinner and a movie (with popcorn of course!)


day three :

we took kacee girl on her absolute favorite hike - battle creek falls. she's actually terrified of the waterfall but loves this hole of water along the way. I'm obviously not the only one smitten by Tristan. kacee was on cloud 9 spending time with her daddy.





that night we went on a motorcycle ride up american fork canyon. it was beautiful.


day four :

tristan had something to do that morning, so when he got home he woke me up with breakfast in bed. have you noticed that breakfast is like my favorite thing ever? I got kneaders french toast and a smoothie, he got mcdonalds. makes me laugh :)



we went on another day date to ikea to get something for the nursery before heading out on the boat with my family. Tristan absolutely loves boating so I'm glad we were able to get him on the lake once while he was here. even if it was short-lived due to the weather. you know what's weird about being pregnant? not being able to do anything when boating except sit on the boat. I'm glad it's just for one summer.



 ^comparing baby bumps, he thinks he wins... tell him he's wrong^

that night we got to watch a movie for the very first time in ages! I will never get tired of snuggling.

day five :

the day to hit all the restaurants tristan craves because he can't go to them in st. louis. del taco for brunch, JCWs for lunch, taco amigo for shakes/glaciers, and sushi for dinner.

also, the day we got our maternity pictures done. I don't think I could be more obsessed with this guy... he really is my whole world. I wish we never had to say bye.

but, the next day, I was up at 4:30 am to go to work and he was up at 4:45 am to head to the airport. six more weeks. 38 days.

thanks for the perfect surprise visit babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment