September 25, 2015

happy two months!

My plan was to get this posted yesterday after his doctor appointment when I knew his stats. But sometimes snuggles take priority and I am completely okay with that. This little boy was an angel at his doctors appointment. He smiled and cooed at himself in the mirror the entire time. It broke my heart when they had to give him his shots and he cried louder than I've ever heard him cry. Then he spent the rest of the day either crying hysterically or whimpering in his sleep in my arms. I'm sorry I let them hurt you baby boy :(


Weight: 10 pounds (jumped from the 0.3 percentile to the 9th percentile in one month! I'm a proud momma :)
Length: 21 inches (<1 percentile)
Diaper Size: Newborn
Clothes Size: 0-3 month - I packed away the last of his newborn outfits at 6 weeks, I may have shed a few tears... blame it on the hormones.

Nicknames: little man, little squishy, little nugget, handsome and baby boy.

Health: He started Zantac for his reflux. He still spits up frequently and occasionally has some pretty projectile vomiting but it doesn't seem to bother him and he's gaining weight just fine.

Sleep: The last few days he has been going to bed at 9 pm and waking up at 4 am and again at 7 am or 8 am. It has been glorious so let's hope it is here to stay. Then he takes 3-4 naps during the day.

Diet: Still breastfeeding.

Likes:
  • his elephant mobile above his bed
  • his playmat with the flashing lights and music
  • baths - probably his all time favorite thing in the world. he loves kicking around and is always all smiles.
  • napping on his tummy
  • talking to mommy and daddy
  • gripe water
Dislikes:
  • taking his zantac
  • when he has gas
Milestones: He is getting so strong! He loves standing up and is amazing at holding his head up on his own. He's talking all the time now and is almost always smiling. He is good at tracking objects, especially his dad when we FaceTime him. He recognizes my voice and watches me if I leave the room. A few days ago, I'm pretty sure he discovered his tongue. Oh and about a week ago he had his first blow-out! He has only had one more since but I'm sure there will be more in my future.

Things I don't want to forget:
  • the way his little hand grasps my shirt when he falls asleep in my arms.
  • the way I can't stop smelling his head right after he gets out of the bath.
  • the first time we facetimed Tristan, he stared at him and would follow him all over the room if we moved the phone. I was amazed that after 2 weeks without seeing him or hearing his voice, he still knew that he was his daddy.
  • his cousin Chloe has finally started to notice him. she always "gently" touches him with her little pointer finger.
  • we went over to my sister's house for dinner one night and McKai's cousin Parker placed a ball in his lap. soon enough they'll be playing.
  • the day Tristan came home... the second he took McKai from my arms, he looked at Tristan's face and broke out into the biggest smile.
  • at his papa and nana's house there is a picture of Christ holding a little child and pointing at a butterfly hanging on the wall that he always stares at.
  • he is oh so ticklish! especially his tummy and under his arms.
  • the way his eyes go wide if we dim the lights.
  • the joy he brings his nana and papa. #firstgrandchild. and the way his papa tells him that he is one fine specimen.


No comments:

Post a Comment