September 23, 2015

Nursery Reveal

Just over a week ago we moved McKai from our bedroom to his nursery. It has been an adjustment. We are talking waking up every 1-3 hours! It has been brutal for the whole family. Last night we put his snuggle nest in his crib and voila! Slept 6 hours straight! Turns out, he doesn't like to be in that wide open crib, he likes to be confined. Who knows when we will try to get him out of the snuggle nest but for now I'm just going to run with it.

I figured since we are finally using his nursery, it was time to post some pictures! Tristan and I had a lot of fun putting together his nursery. My favorite memories in my second trimester are our weekly shopping trips specifically for this room. It was almost always an all day affair complete with whatever food I wanted for lunch. Tristan and his little brother painted the wall grey and white striped, they also put the furniture together one night while I was at work, and my parents helped me pick up the chair when it finally arrived while Tristan was in St. Louis. My original vision for his nursery was light, airy, and serene. The room isn't that big so I wanted the colors to open it up. I didn't know that it would be safari (but mostly elephant) themed until we were mostly done with it. I just kept falling in love with all things elephant!

I love how it turned out! It's definitely our favorite room in the house :)

THE NURSERY











THE CLOSET


His closet is a work in progress, inspired by this post by Chelsea at Two Twenty One. The bottom bins are for toys and stuffed animals (McKai already has way too many stuffed animals!). The top bins are for extra diapers, wipes and 6-12 month clothes and shoes)

^ this is the bin on the left hand side. my best friends got it for me for my baby shower and I love it! it has everything and anything that I would want to save - hospital bands and name tags, cards, his hand mold (foot mold is in a frame on his dresser), ultrasound pictures, take-home outfit, preemie diaper, hospital hat and shirt, etc... ^



 ^ his clothes now ^

 ^his clothes before he was born. it's crazy how fast babies cycle through their clothing. I miss those preemie and newborn outfits :( ^

I'm too lazy to make a list of where we got everything... McKai's naps are only so long :) So if you would like to know where we got something feel free to send me an email or ask in the comments and I'd be happy to tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment