I couldn't let the day go by without wishing a happy birthday to my #1. Today is Tristan's 27th birthday! say what? That sounds so old! I don't know what the difference between 26 and 27 is but last year I didn't think he was old and this year, I'm shocked by how old we are getting!
Here is a quick list of my very favorite things about you:
1. Your big brown eyes. They were one of the first things I noticed when I first met you, and they've been my favorite since. And now our little boy has those big eyes. I'm so lucky!
2. Your generosity. You've never once gotten mad at me for my recent online shopping addiction (someone help me! I was once a penny-pincher and I want that me back!) and you are always the first one to go all out on a present for someone or offer to pay.
3. You as a daddy. You know how some guys don't know what to do when you hand them a baby? They go stiff as a board and look all awkward? That has never been Tristan. He has been a natural from day one. I love to watch him love our little guy. I know he'd give the world for him.
4. Your sense of humor. Thanks for always making me smile and laugh.
5. Your social personality. I'm jealous that you can make friends with anyone and talk for days.
6. How hard working you are. I could never do your job, and you're amazing at it. Despite how hard this summer was, you didn't give up. And then you came home just to work even harder.
7. Your love for travel. Let's go on an adventure together. Forever k?
8. Your quirky hobbies like bowling. And you supporting my quirky hobbies like scrapbooking (go ahead, call me an old lady).
9. The way you talk. You've never stopped telling me you love me, that I'm beautiful, and all the things that I'm good at. In fact that's one thing that people comment on the most, "I wish my husband still said things like that to me." Thank you baby!
10. Your eye for design. I can create a vision in my head for how I want things to look but you can actually create it.
11. Your talent for photography. You capture the most beautiful moments of our life so I will never forget them. I know sometimes you get sick of taking pictures but thanks for doing it for me.
12. Your desire to improve. Always looking for ways to better yourself.
13. Being strong where I'm weak. We make a pretty good team :)
14. Your talent for cooking. I'm spoiled, that's for sure.
15. You don't care what other people think of you. You are just you.
16. The way you've memorized my routines so that you can help speed them up as much as possible.
17. Your obsession with having a clean car. I'd never spend money on that so it's a good thing you care!
18. The ways you are rubbing off on me. I'm talking skittles. Putting words in Kacee's mouth. Spicy food. Sushi. And TV shows.
19. Your calm and cool personality. This anxious nut case needs a little bit of that in her life ;)
20. The way you spoil me in ways that I would never spoil myself.
21. Your patience. Oh you are so patient with me!
22. Your perseverance. I know it wasn't easy figuring me out. I know we had a tough go for that first year. But man I'm glad you stuck it out. I can't thank you enough for helping me come to terms with my mental illness and get the help I needed.
23. Your style. I think you might be more fashionable than me and that's okay. I'm just glad you don't live in basketball shorts and mismatched shirts.
24. The voice messages you leave me. They make my day almost every single time.
25. The way you try to help with laundry but end up forgetting the load in the washing machine until it smells moldy. I'm glad you need me for something :)
26. Your confidence. I think even some of that might be rubbing off on me?
27. All of you. Your strengths and your weaknesses. I wouldn't change a thing! No one could ever take your place in my life.
Happy 27th birthday! I can't wait until you get home from Hawaii so we can celebrate!

No comments:
Post a Comment