October 27, 2015

happy three months!

I'm a little late this month! Crazy how going back to work has really thrown me off. It feels like I really only have time to sleep, spend time with my babes, clean the house and do laundry.



Weight: just less than 12 pounds according to our home scale :)
Diaper: Size 1
Clothes Size: 0-3 month

Health: His reflux and throwing up got worse after I did his two month update so we went in to get his medicine dose increased. When we went in though he had lost weight :( Luckily, we are finally back on track. His reflux has improved and though he still spits up/throws up a lot, he's back to gaining weight.

Sleep: Our little man is a night owl just like his daddy! He goes to bed around 10 or 11 pm, wakes up around 4 am, 7 am and then is up for the day between 10 and 11 am. I really like that he is consistent. I'm a routines type girl so that makes my heart happy. Plus, he has started to drop that 4 am feeding which is just fantastic. I hope it stays that way. As for naps... We don't have much of a routine there unfortunately. Mostly I can just tell when he is getting tired so I put him to sleep then. It's about four times a day though.

Diet: All breastmilk. He nurses when I'm home and takes the bottle while I'm at work.

Likes:
  • looking at himself in the mirror
  • falling asleep at night by watching his elephant mobile
  • bright colors and lights
  • watching tv... whoops. we took him to his first movie in the theater (The Martian) and he only took a 20 minute cat nap, the rest of the time he was completely content sitting on our lap and watching
  • talking to everyone and anyone who will listen to him, particularly his nana
Dislikes:
  • though he still likes sleeping on his tummy, he has started to dislike tummy time. I think it's because he is trying to roll over but hasn't quite gotten it yet so he gets frustrated.
  • being tired, it's really the only time he cries or fusses.
  • too much time in the car/carseat.
Milestones: Stop growing so fast my baby! He doesn't need any head support these days. Loves to sit and stand. He discovered his hands and really likes them. He laughed for the first time on October 18th when his papa "meeped" his nose. I about died it was so cute! He only did it twice that day and we've only gotten a handful since but I can't wait until it becomes a constant thing. He hasn't really started grabbing for toys yet but will occasionally grab for fingers (mostly his Tata Ashley, occasionally his dad, and never for me).

Things I don't want to forget:
  • his soft little snores when he falls asleep on my chest and the way he likes his head back so that his face is looking up at me.
  • he thinks he is too big to snuggle against my chest unless he is exhausted. he just wants to look around.
  • the way he sucks in his sleep even if there isn't a pacifier in his mouth.
  • the way he shoves his fist in his mouth... I'm worried that the second he discovers his thumb, we are going to have a thumb sucker.
  • the time he was snuggling against his Uncle Nate's chest and his little fingers kept tickling Nate's side (Nate is super ticklish too :)
  • the time Tonton Andrew made an "O" face at him and he immediately mimicked it.
  • the time we were driving home from California and I turned to look at him in his mirror and said "I miss you handsome boy!" and he broke out into a huge grin.
  • his jokester personality, it's like he is always laughing at some joke in his head that we can't hear. plus his sweet, smiley personality. he's a social butterfly like his dad and I love it.
  • the way he raises his eyebrows at me.
  • the way he holds his hands, fingers interlaced.
  • the time he talked to the lady sitting next to me in relief society for at least 30 minutes.
  • the time he was watching soccer with papa, leaning up against his chest, and he kept doing sit ups because he wanted to sit not lean back.


No comments:

Post a Comment