well, I've officially been back to work for as long as I was on maternity leave.
life sure has been different but still so wonderful.
more conversations with some recognizable "words"
learning how to scream
coming home from work to find that he learned how to roll front to back while I was gone
watching him grow by the minute, his leg rolls literally grew overnight!
drool... so much drool
staying up way too late the night before work because he's just so cute
watching him discover his kacee girl and reach for her whenever she is close by
smiles, smiles and more smiles. oh thanks for being the happiest baby I know, sweet boy
putting everything in him mouth
7 am snuggle sessions when I get home from the night shift
pumping... always pumping and hating it
sleep training and the tears (from mom and baby) that come with it
living on 3 hours of sleep and trying so hard to refrain from dr. pepper (because it makes him spitty)
finally sleeping 12 hours at night!
becoming a rollie pollie and trying to crawl
learning to sit, still unsteadily, on his own
eating rice cereal, grabbing the spoon with each bite
celebrating his first halloween, first thanksgiving, first christmas, and first new year
laughing every day
still lots of laundry but not so many diapers
begging for pictures from daddy on the days I'm at work
watching those around us love him, nothing is sweeter
loving more and more every day. just when we think we can't love him anymore... our hearts just grow.
do I miss our 24/7 time together? definitely. do I hate going to work? not one bit. some days are hard and some days it's just what I need. so for now I'm enjoying every minute I get with my baby and also treasuring the minutes I'm alone in the car, driving to work. I'm missing my skinny, sleepy newborn very little because I get to love on newborns at work. And I'm loving my curious, chunky, and talkative not so baby boy.
thanks for the best 25 weeks and counting, mckai nicolas.
No comments:
Post a Comment