January 13, 2016

life lately :: november & december

wow am I late with this little life update!

^McKai's blessing day^

^we started finishing our backyard! while Tristan, Shane and Uncle Sean were working on digging the footings for our retaining wall, Uncle Sean stayed at our house for a few days and McKai was loving it!^

^Tata Maryse came to town to visit!^

^we got to celebrate Thanksgiving twice!^
I had to work on Thanksgiving day but I headed over to my family's house afterward for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner (thanks for having dinner a little late to wait for me!) We then spent the rest of the night playing minute to win it games and laughing our heads off.
Because my sister-in-law had her baby (mckai's first cousin on the dicristofano side, weslie!) and was still in the hospital on Thanksgiving, Tristan's side of the family did their Thanksgiving dinner on the Sunday after. So we got another delicious dinner and more family time.
We have much to be grateful for!


^McKai's first time holding a girl's hand, oh my!^

^a beautiful snowy afternoon up the canyon for our first family pictures^

^cold but beautiful walks around the neighborhood with my two babies^

^our adorable neighbor brought over a Christmas gift for "Baby Kai"^

^oh so many glorious snow days!^ 

^the festival of trees^
we went to see the adorable tree they made for my cousin's boy Owen and of course McKai had to sit on Santa's lap for the first time!

^finally getting the house decorated for Christmas^ 

^family night building gingerbread houses with my parents and Shay^
Tristan and I made our own gingerbread this year, I'm so proud of myself :) this is the house I made. Tristan made an amazing modern home but never got around to decorating it. It was quite spectacular, the inner architect in him certainly came out this year!


^watched all of the old Star Wars in preparation for the new one! I had never seen them before and Tristan decided that was unacceptable^

^I live for these snapchats of my baby from Uncle Nate and Aunt Shay while I'm at work^

 ^Christmas Eve^
we spent Christmas Eve finishing up last minute shopping, doing way too much wrapping, and the night with my family. my older sister and her family are living with my parents while they build their house so we decided we would sleepover too. probably the last time we spend a Christmas all together (missing our Andrew). we had an amazing dinner, read the Christmas story, and opened Christmas jammies (McKai had a blow out in them within just a few hours, good thing I brought back ups!) It snowed so much Christmas Eve, I was in heaven. We went to the DiCristofano home for an hour or two to open Christmas jammies with them and by the time we got back to my parents house there was at least 4-6 inches on the ground. So of course Nate, Tristan and Shay had to go do donuts in the church parking lot :)

 ^Christmas Day^
the kids woke us up around 8 am to tell us that santa had come! it was complete chaos opening presents with my whole family but so much fun. my niece and nephew wanted to play with every new gift before opening the next :) McKai got lots of much needed toys and loved eating the wrapping paper.
we then spent the afternoon and evening with the DiCristofanos. had the most amazing dinner. and enjoyed spending time with family. the most meaningful gift we received was from Uncle Seany. he gave McKai his two favorite stuffed animals.
we were so spoiled with all the best presents, a beautiful white Christmas, and time with those we love.

^happy birthday nana!^

^happy new year!^
I got to work this new years eve but I got this picture at midnight which had to take the place of a new years kiss. looks like he's not a fan of the sparkling cider ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment