Happy
seven months
to our little guy!
We cannot believe how fast time is flying by and we can't even imagine a life without him in it. His laughs, his smiles that brighten the room, his curiosity about life, everything about him makes us so happy.
Diaper Size: three
Clothes Size: 3-6 month and 6 month.
Health: He has been perfectly healthy, thank goodness!
Sleep: He's a great sleeper 98% of the time. We've had a few rougher nights this month due to teething but all in all we can't complain too much. He goes to bed anywhere between 7:30-9:30 pm and likes to sleep in until about 9 am. Normally he doesn't wake up at all but if he does, it's usually just once to be fed. He always takes a great nap for his first one in the morning and then 1-2 shorter naps in the afternoon/evening. He still loves to be swaddled though is always out of it by morning and he loves to sleep on his belly. Cutest thing ever. I love to peek in on him on his monitor while he is sleeping.
Diet: He's still a huge fan of "fruit loop milk" as Tristan calls breastmilk. We've worked on introducing solids all month and I wouldn't say he loves anything. If he did have a favorite, I'd have to guess that it's rice cereal mixed with bananas. He will only eat it if it's pureed and he has tried peas, carrots, squash, beans, bananas, avocados, and potatoes. If it's not pureed he immediately gags and even pureed foods he'll eat but doesn't really care for them. Though these last few days he has started to enjoy gnawing on things like sweet potato fries, carrot sticks, and pizza crust.
Likes:
- when his toy box is tipped to the side so he can go in and out of it to get whatever toys he wants.
- the banana on his carseat toy. he always holds on to it.
- his new crinkly book.
- his elephant security blanket. he has to sleep with it.
- rolling around on the floor.
- still loves his binky and bath time.
Milestones: I feel like this past month was full of changes for our little guy! He mastered sitting up, continued to roll everywhere, transfers toys from one hand to the other, and started to army crawl! This guy is officially on the move with places to go and toys to play with. He accidentally said momma once, and my heart melted :) He sprouted his two bottom teeth. And he's been eating more and more solid foods.
Things I don't want to forget:
- Kacee can make him laugh more than anyone else, especially when she gets in trouble. One time at my mom's house, she jumped on the couch that she's not allowed on so I said, "Kacee, get off the couch! Grandma will be mad at you." and he just started laughing hysterically. Or one day after I let Kacee outside, she started going where I didn't want her to go so I asked her to come back. She stared at my for a solid minute before blatantly ignoring me. When she finally came inside I got mad at her for not listening and McKai laughed the loudest I have ever heard!
- Watching him figure out the crawling thing. My favorite is how sometimes he pushes with so much momentum that his arms get left behind and he face plants.
- The way he buries his face in my arm when he is ready to go to sleep.
- The way he always wants to help hold the spoon when we are feeding him.
- The faces he makes when trying new foods. A look of pure disgust :)
- The time him and his cousin Parker were playing on the floor together and Parker was reading him books. Seriously so cute.
- The way he clenches his toes almost all the time.
- The time he was taking a nap and when Tristan went in to go get him there was a bunch of clothes in his crib and Tristan couldn't figure out where it had come from. Turns out, McKai had been pulling the dirty clothes out of his hamper.
I didn't get the chance to do my own little photoshoot with McKai yet this month, hopefully tomorrow! But for now, here's a sneak peek (unless you're my friend on Facebook, then you've already seen them all :) of the pictures we had taken yesterday, I'm obsessed!




No comments:
Post a Comment