I remember thinking around 4 months that it was my favorite stage past newborn. Now, I'm starting to think this age is my next favorite stage. He is so fun! And so sweet.
Which is a good thing because it has also been a really hard stage for me. He gets into everything (tips over garbage cans, spills kacee's water, tries to play in the toilet, gets Tristan's xbox controller, tries to get my computer or phone from off a table, opens the cupboard under the sink, etc...) and has started throwing fits. I was getting really discouraged one day when he went for something that he wasn't supposed to have for the millionth time. I was taking it personally, that he was intentionally being naughty to get to me. He never throws fits for Tristan just me. It was a rough mom day. That night one of my apps sent me an email about his age and as I read it I came across something that actually really helped.
"What seems to be defiance is just his natural curiosity to see how the world works."
He is definitely curious! I love my smiley boy. Being his momma is my favorite job!
(we'll have to do our normal photoshoot when we get home next week! so a few recent pictures will have to do today :)
Diaper Size: threeClothes Size: 6 month, 6-9 month, and 6-12 month
Nicknames: stinky (I don't know why this has stuck even though he no longer smells like urp!)
Health: Thank goodness for a healthy and happy boy!
Sleep: We've uprooted him and now we are paying for it :) He wakes up 2-3 times a night but because he is sleeping in our closet we don't really want to deal with sleep training so I'm just dealing with it for now. I look forward to a day when I get to sleep all night though! He is no longer refusing his second nap so that's good at least!
Diet: nurses about 4 times a day and eats his meals whenever we do plus a snack in the afternoon. He pretty much eats anything that we eat these days which is kind of nice. He seems to be rejecting baby food now which I guess is good but I miss it already because now I have to make sure I'm eating healthy, well-balanced meals. A few of his favorites: greek yogurt, blueberries, avocado, baked potato with cottage cheese.
Likes:
- harry potter (we discovered this when Tristan and I wanted to watch it and he sat on the floor in front of the tv for 30 minutes straight! kid shows and movies he has no interest in but turn on Harry Potter and voila!)
- being naked
- playing in kacee's water bowl
- remotes (but only if they work)
- his kacee girl
- putting everything in his mouth
- his ellie
- his new zebra walker
Dislikes:
- diaper changes
- getting dressed in jammies after his bath
Milestones: He is the fastest little crawler (especially if he is trying to get to something before I scoop him up!), loves to walk holding our hands or using his walker, and has started to control going from standing to sitting rather than just plopping on his bum. He loves to wave which is possibly my favorite! I can be across the room, wave at him, and he immediately smiles while waving back. melts my heart. He also learned high five this month. He understands the word "kiss" and will open his mouth if I ask for one. He's still the best at hugs and open mouth kisses. No new teeth this month but I can feel that bottom left tooth trying to come out and he's been gnawing on everything and quite fussy so it can't be too far off. His vocabulary has expanded a bit this month to include "dada", "kacee", "tada", "tata", and "papa". I'm trying not to be offended that he won't say mama but it makes me a little sad. The joke out here is that he is going to learn to say Joel or Jenn before mama and at this point I wouldn't even be surprised.
Things I don't want to forget:
- He does this strange thing where he pretends to pick something up and eat it. He did it when Todd was holding him once and they said it reminded them of a monkey which I had never thought of. It's slightly strange but really adorable.
- The way he smacks his lips when eating or pretending to eat.
- His chicken wing.
- He gets a dirt smudge on the top of his pudgy foot by his big toe from crawling!
- He doesn't like crawling outside so he does a bear crawl instead, so cute! And smart, he never scrapes up his knees.
- Nanny Miranda calls his crawl a "gorilla crawl" because his hands are turned in slightly.
- The way he flaps his arms when he is excited.
- His scrunched nose smile.
- On Tata Ashley's birthday, we facetimed her and he just kept waving to her. Then someone else would try to talk to him and we'd try to get him to wave to them but he wouldn't. The second Ashley came back, he'd start waving at her again!
- His straddles every time I change his diaper.
- The way he is snuggly after naps. He rarely snuggles these days so I cherish each second.
- He figured out how to open the wipes and thinks it's a lot of fun to pull them all out.
- The gravity game is his very favorite game (and mom's least favorite...).
- He learned how to say Kacee within one day of being in Pennsylvania with her! One night when he woke up, he was crying as I brought him to our room to nurse him when he saw his Kacee girl he said, "hi kacee", before going back to crying.
- The way he sticks his cute belly out when we walk holding his hands.
- At chick-fil-a one day he smiled at a lady (because he is always smiling at everyone!) and as she walked by she said, "he just made my day!". Never stop making people's days sweet boy!
- The way he seemed like he was trying to sign "more" while we were at Spruce Street Harbor Park. Tristan had bought a fancy ice and we were giving him bites, if we didn't give it to him fast enough he'd sign more.
- He likes to climb up me when I'm holding him. And climb to try to get things he wants. We may just have a climber on our hands.
- He has started doing the funniest growl! He was doing it to the people behind us in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and we all were having a hard time controlling our laughter.






No comments:
Post a Comment