June 27, 2016

weekend review : downtown philly

Another fun weekend has come and gone. I'm a little sad because it was my last one before heading back home for a couple of weeks. I'm sure we will be back before I know it but I'm struggling a bit. I've gone back and forth about quitting my job but I just love it too much. I guess it's worth the sacrifices.

If you need to find us this summer, we'll be at the pool! ;)
 this is mckai's new toy and we both love it!


Saturday was spent at the pool, our favorite pastime. After the guys got off work, we went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse with the whole team before going to a movie with Jenn and Todd. I had so much anxiety about taking Mckai to a movie. He went to The Martian at about 3 months and did fantastic! We took him to his second movie, Star Wars, a few months later and he did fine but it was much less enjoyable (I had to get up a few times to rock him, he was bored, etc...). I knew he was to the age where he wasn't just going to sit there but Tristan begged so I agreed. We went to see the new Independence Day for his third movie in theaters. Honestly, he did okay. Tristan had to take him out once at the beginning to get him to fall asleep and then once at the end. But I am just not a fan of taking him to movies. It's hard to do stuff like that out here since we don't have babysitters!

Sunday after church, Tristan and I headed to Franklin Square. We played mini golf for the first time in years! It was actually a lot of fun! Tristan won, 42 to 43, but I got TWO hole in ones and he only got one so I vote I'm the real winner :) Afterwards, we had to take Mckai on the carousel. It was the hottest afternoon, so we spent the rest of our time at the park eating ice cream on the grass. At one point, a guy came up to us saying, "I hear that there is a baby in a bow tie over here??" We were getting compliments left and right about that bow tie!


 the way he is standing in this picture just kills me! cutest!

 this is his scrunched nose smile that I am obsessed with lately



 I was trying to take a picture of mckai and tristan when a cute old man asked if I would like him to take it so I could be in it too! of course I said yes. when I went to see how it turned out I was dying because it was SO zoomed in! but just for the story I had to post it anyway :) plus it's the only picture we got of the three of us that day so it will have to do!


 mckai's stone face pretty much describes his morning. I don't know what his deal was but he had zero expression all morning which is so unlike him!


For lunch, we met Todd and Jenn's family at the Reading Terminal Market. We love that place and will definitely have to go back. It closed way too soon and Tristan didn't get his candy. But I got my chocolate, he spoils me!



We ended up heading back to Franklin Square to fly our drone! The boys and all the kids are obsessed with it and I'm obsessed with the video footage it gives me! Mckai spent his time eating sticks, swinging, and going on the carousel a second time (he enjoyed it this time, giggling every time the horse went up!) We finished up the night perfectly with Shake Shack which I have been craving all week, it did not disappoint!

 I loved the way his hands were gripping the swing :)




I'm going to miss having weekends to report on as this week I go back to that nurse life (aka, working weekends...)

No comments:

Post a Comment