- He woke up to his presents and homemade card from Mckai, Kacee and me.
- We went to breakfast with Todd and Jenn at the Main Street Cafe. The boys are obsessed with this place! They've been going there once a week since they found it so everyone knows them there. They call them the surfers or boy band which just makes me laugh so hard! This place has the best french toast! Every day they have a special stuffed french toast. This particular day it was banana cheesecake stuffed, they also have a crunchy coating on the outside. So good!
- Sacrament meeting at the Pottstown ward. Including the longest closing prayer I have ever heard, no joke it was at least 5 minutes long!
- Beach day at Stone Harbor, New Jersey! The drive there wasn't very fun (so much traffic!) but once we made it we quickly forgot how frustrating it was. We went with Jenn and Todd's family, they have four cute kids who spent the day boogie boarding. The water was so cold, I am having a hard time remembering a time when I was a kid and didn't care about the temperature of the water... McKai spent his time eating sand, destroying sand castles, and collecting seashells (also to eat, gross!). We stayed until the tide had reached our towels and the wind had picked up. It was a dream. I love the beach!
- When we got home from the beach we hurried to get sushi (the boys only request for fathers day!) before it closed.
- Tristan and I ended the night watching fireflies in our backyard (the trees looked like they had blinking lights strung through them, there were that many!), eating popcorn, and snuggling while watching one of our shows.
McKai, Kacee and I are so grateful to have Tristan in our life. I'm so grateful that McKai inherited so much of his daddy's personality and hope that he always looks up to his dad and follows in his footsteps. Tristan makes our world go round and I love that he is ours forever!
I just love this picture so much. My boys. The loves of my life. Poor Tristan looked at this picture and said, "he doesn't even look like my son!" Okay, so he might be my twin. But he has his daddy's big eyes, long eye lashes, and they have the same nose and ears. Plus they are pretty much the same person personality wise (outgoing, determined, jokester...) which is just what I always wanted (proof here!)
He actually liked the water for the most part! Just as long as we didn't keep him there for too long. And when Tristan had to dunk him to get all the sand off before we drove home, he didn't even care. He's our little fish which makes us both so happy.
Tristan and McKai have matching swim suits that we bought them while we were in Cancun a few months ago. It is quite possibly the most adorable thing in the world. Melts my heart into a giant puddle.
The sand was perfect for sand castle building! These two were so funny. They have the same OCD, modernistic ideas and spent forever crafting their perfect sand castle. Jenn and I just laughed the whole time because they didn't even have to talk, they just seemed to be on the same wave length about how they wanted it to look!
Cutest sandy bum!
Tristan was fascinated with these things, they mostly just grossed me out. They are alive! And there were millions of them all along the edge of the water. When the waves crashed and fell back into the ocean, they would be exposed and you would watch them dig back down into the sand. If your feet were there you could feel them tickle your feet, hence why I was grossed out.












No comments:
Post a Comment