goodbye, june!
^ splash pad, ice cream and shopping at the Riverwoods ^
(that bottom right picture is one of my all time favorites this month! cutest cousins!)
^ a day exploring and hanging out at the park with our best friends, maddy & jude ^
^ saying goodbye to the hospital and my job for a few weeks ^
^ sunday dinner snuggles ^
^ my cousin Lauren's beautiful wedding! ^
^ flying to philadelphia ^
Mckai's first plane rides were quite eventful. The first flight, he was exhausted but would not go to sleep. The sweet couple sitting next to us was so kind, Mckai sat on their lap so he could look out the window for quite a while. Then when I stood up with him at the back of the plane, the flight attendants asked to hold him and took turns entertaining him for a while. I was so grateful for all their help!
Our layover was in Dallas, TX. It started out so well. Mckai finally fell asleep in his ergo and my biggest concern was if they'd make me take him out for take off which would wake him up. I didn't end up needing to worry about that because there was a security issue and they evacuated all the terminals. It was a nightmare. Every single person in the airport had to go back through security. We were in crowds of people for hours being herded nowhere. I just about had an anxiety attack but luckily, when I was just about to lose it, I made it to security and Tristan had upgraded my ticket so I went in the fast lane. Seriously, such a blessing.
The second flight went much smoother than the first. Mckai was more content sitting on my lap and fell asleep in my arms for the last bit of the flight. We were so excited to finally be there and couldn't wait to see Tristan and Kacee!
I will admit that this flying experience has made me dread the many more flying experiences to come this summer...
^ home sweet home: royersford, pa ^
I will admit that this flying experience has made me dread the many more flying experiences to come this summer...
^ home sweet home: royersford, pa ^
^ bbq with the entire company in philly ^
lots of spike ball, pretty sunsets, and everyone so excited to finally meet mckai!
^ breakfast once a week at The Main Street Cafe ^
^ realizing how much I love that stay at home mom life ^
- I am able to vacuum almost every day
- I make dinner 5 nights/week (for the first time in YEARS!)
- I can nap during Mckai's naps if I want to :)
- I get to pick back up on my hobbies (year 4 scrapbook: check!)
- And mostly, spending quality time with my little man where I'm not beyond exhausted or rushing to get the house cleaned before I have to go back to work. It has been glorious! (with a few ups and downs because that's just life ;)
^ park days at our apartment complex 'chutes & ladders' playground where mckai wants me to take him down the slide a million times and giggles every single time ^
^ walks with kacee and admiring all the old fashioned homes. I've decided my favorites are the red brick homes with black or blue accents ^
^ the crayola experience with Jenn and her kids! complete with making our own crayon + label, [attempting to] eat play doh, painting a picture with melted wax, and more.. a little advanced for mckai's age but we still had a lot of fun! ^
^ easton, pennsylvania had me swooning at every corner! the murals, quaint alleyways, center square, strung lights, and outdoor seating areas... ^
^ Saturday night at the Spruce Street Harbor Park ^
^ always trying to snap pictures of the city while we are driving ^
^ Tristan's first official father's day, Sunday afternoon at Stone Harbor, and my boys in their matching swim suits! ^
^ free ice cream cone from Zwahlens to celebrate their birthday. the cutest swiss chalet and creamiest strawberry ice cream ever. ^
^ many afternoons in our backyard blowing bubbles and playing fetch with kacee ^
^ story time at barnes and noble (with a new puppet book for shark week and a cute new book about dancing feet!) followed by an afternoon at Rittenhouse Park. ^
^ pool days, the more the better! they are certainly a lot different than previous summers, laying out at the pool, but I still love them. ^
our favorite is when we get to go with Jenn and her kids because then Mckai is entertained by her kids playing. but, he also likes to walk around the kiddie pool, typically carrying his fishy around in his mouth, and sit playing on the steps in the big pool.
^ walks to Rita's for pineapple/mango ice, yum! ^
^ more Sunday afternoon adventures ^
^ pedicures for cute Annie's birthday. those chubby baby feet... to die for! he had all the ladies at the nail salon wrapped around his little finger. smiling on command and waving goodbye, he's going to be trouble in a few years, wish me luck! ^
^ raspberry picking at Linvilla Orchards ^
I was in heaven! It was hot and there were bees everywhere but I didn't even care! Mckai on the other hand, thought it was ridiculous that he couldn't eat the raspberries until after we paid for them... His face in these pictures make me laugh! It was the prettiest location and the raspberries are so sweet. I also bought some squash and zucchini, we had the squash last night and no joke, it was the sweetest squash I have ever eaten. And I eat a lot of squash.
Side note: when did my baby get so big!?! My back was breaking bending over to pick the raspberries with him strapped to me, I might be getting old.

^ too many pretty sunsets to count ^
hello, july!
- I am able to vacuum almost every day
- I make dinner 5 nights/week (for the first time in YEARS!)
- I can nap during Mckai's naps if I want to :)
- I get to pick back up on my hobbies (year 4 scrapbook: check!)
- And mostly, spending quality time with my little man where I'm not beyond exhausted or rushing to get the house cleaned before I have to go back to work. It has been glorious! (with a few ups and downs because that's just life ;)
^ park days at our apartment complex 'chutes & ladders' playground where mckai wants me to take him down the slide a million times and giggles every single time ^
^ walks with kacee and admiring all the old fashioned homes. I've decided my favorites are the red brick homes with black or blue accents ^
^ the crayola experience with Jenn and her kids! complete with making our own crayon + label, [attempting to] eat play doh, painting a picture with melted wax, and more.. a little advanced for mckai's age but we still had a lot of fun! ^
^ easton, pennsylvania had me swooning at every corner! the murals, quaint alleyways, center square, strung lights, and outdoor seating areas... ^
^ Saturday night at the Spruce Street Harbor Park ^
^ always trying to snap pictures of the city while we are driving ^
^ Tristan's first official father's day, Sunday afternoon at Stone Harbor, and my boys in their matching swim suits! ^
^ free ice cream cone from Zwahlens to celebrate their birthday. the cutest swiss chalet and creamiest strawberry ice cream ever. ^
^ many afternoons in our backyard blowing bubbles and playing fetch with kacee ^
^ story time at barnes and noble (with a new puppet book for shark week and a cute new book about dancing feet!) followed by an afternoon at Rittenhouse Park. ^
^ pool days, the more the better! they are certainly a lot different than previous summers, laying out at the pool, but I still love them. ^
our favorite is when we get to go with Jenn and her kids because then Mckai is entertained by her kids playing. but, he also likes to walk around the kiddie pool, typically carrying his fishy around in his mouth, and sit playing on the steps in the big pool.
^ walks to Rita's for pineapple/mango ice, yum! ^
^ more Sunday afternoon adventures ^
^ pedicures for cute Annie's birthday. those chubby baby feet... to die for! he had all the ladies at the nail salon wrapped around his little finger. smiling on command and waving goodbye, he's going to be trouble in a few years, wish me luck! ^
^ raspberry picking at Linvilla Orchards ^
I was in heaven! It was hot and there were bees everywhere but I didn't even care! Mckai on the other hand, thought it was ridiculous that he couldn't eat the raspberries until after we paid for them... His face in these pictures make me laugh! It was the prettiest location and the raspberries are so sweet. I also bought some squash and zucchini, we had the squash last night and no joke, it was the sweetest squash I have ever eaten. And I eat a lot of squash.
Side note: when did my baby get so big!?! My back was breaking bending over to pick the raspberries with him strapped to me, I might be getting old.

^ too many pretty sunsets to count ^
hello, july!
I'm looking forward to your hot lake powell days, planning my little one's first birthday party, and spending some time with family! But most of all, coming back home to Pennsylvania for more pool days, Sundays with Tristan, and adventures with Jenn and her kids.

























No comments:
Post a Comment