June 20, 2016

weekend review : spruce street harbor park

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the weekend during the summer. The guys only work until 4 pm on Saturday which means we have the whole night! I decided to split up this weekends review because I have a lot of pictures. So we will start with Saturday :)

McKai and I spent the afternoon swimming at the pool at our apartment complex. Cute little guy wasn't quite sure about it, the water was a little bit colder than I think he would have liked. When Tristan got home we went to dinner at Chickie and Pete's before heading to Spruce Street Harbor Park. 

We went with our friends Jenn and Todd and it was the perfect Saturday night! I don't quite know how to describe it, the atmosphere was one of a kind. We got to walk along the boardwalk, lights and hammocks everywhere, it was gorgeous! There were food trucks, games such as chess and bocce, the prettiest garden and fountains. We ended the night with the best ice cream for me (fresh strawberry and peach!) and fancy ice (passion fruit and lemon) for Tristan, I'm still dreaming of that ice cream! I'd go back in a heart beat!


I just had to include this picture that Tristan took because the entire night, Tristan was giving me the hardest time about McKai's sandals. He thinks they are so ugly and that I'm "turning his son into a dork". He was actually upset that I put them on him rather than his sperrys and then proceeded to take a poll at dinner with all his guys about whether or not they were cute. I lost... but he's their boss so they have to take his side! Then the second we get to the harbor he takes this picture. I think he secretly loves them too ;) At one point one fell off and when Tristan tipped Mckai upside down (as he often does), he noticed that it was gone. I retraced our steps and found it but we made fun of Tristan saying that he contemplated whether or not to tell me or to just let it be lost. He came back with that I'd just buy another pair! Probably true...



 I still think they are the cutest sandals, I don't care what Tristan says!





When I first heard of this place, the hammocks is what caught my attention. Tristan LOVES hammocks. We have bought quite a few over the years and Tristan has a hammock in our backyard plans. So I knew he would like this place. We never did get the chance to lounge in a hammock unfortunately. They were all full the entire time. I don't think I ever saw anyone get out of one... I suppose it's for the best though because when Jenn brought up that it's actually kind of gross how many people have been in them, I couldn't get over the thought of catching lice or something...

I sure love my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment