July 29, 2016

lake powell 2016

It's hard to believe that it has been almost a month since I've been to this space at all. It has been busy with all the best kinds of busy. I feel like I have so much to recap so for the next little bit, I'll just be reminiscing all the great times we have had. Mostly for my personal sake :)

Starting with our favorite place in the world...


Lake Powell!

Go figure that if there is a trip to Lake Powell, Tristan and I will do anything possible to make it there! This year, some neighbors invited my parents and our family to Lake Powell with them but no kids were invited. At first I was really sad, Mckai loves the water so I knew he would love Lake Powell. But as it got closer, I realized that I didn't have to stress about nap times or a grouchy tired baby and began getting excited. It was a much needed break for Tristan and me even if we missed our baby boy!

It was such a good week. We did our usual early morning ski/wakeboard runs, lots of surfing, and hanging out on the boat or in the water. The best part about hot summer days at Lake Powell is jumping in the water as often as possible! We did lots of paddle boarding, jet skiing, and eating (it's almost a requirement to head to the marina for soft serve ice cream once each trip). We also went on a gorgeous hike in the slot canyons. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures, I promise I scaled it down! We took a lot of video footage so if I get my act together, you can expect a video in the next couple of weeks as well :)




 ^ the BEST picture of the week! ^


^ when we accidentally all wear our black swimsuits on the same day.. ^

 ^ you can always expect at least 10 dorky pictures like the above... to get one normal picture ^

 ^ this is my favorite simply because Mckai gives me that exact same scrunched nose smile! ^

^ success, finally! ^






^ lake powell crew 2016 ^

^ love my family so much! ^



until next time, Lake Powell!

No comments:

Post a Comment