Remember how much I loved Annapolis when we were living in Maryland? Probably not, that feels like a lifetime ago, even to me! But, when we had a reason to visit while my family was in town, I was 100% all for it. "Annapolis is beautiful!" is all that I had to say about it. Quite honestly, despite the crazy amount of humidity and heat, it did not disappoint.
when you ask you're little buddy to take a picture with you and instead he snuggles... oh my little love!
My sister's friend, Skylar, was the reason for the visit. He took us to Sofi's Crepes (complete flashback to when Tristan and I were there!) and then he gave us a tour! It was quite a neat experience letting him show us around the Naval Academy since that's his life! He showed us around base, where he lives, where he works, and the courses that those training have to do. And then we did the touristy part of the Naval Academy. I didn't take many pictures along the way because A. we forgot the real camera in the car and B. McKai can be a handful but it was pretty awesome.
Probably my favorite part of the day (which is saying something, because I'm obsessed with Annapolis Harbor!) was paddle boarding in Quiet Waters Park. The green... surprisingly even more than in Pennsylvania. The houses on the other side of the bay... to die for. I think heaven will be something like this place, beautiful and peaceful. The only downside I suppose, was the jellyfish in the water. But Shay pushed me in and I didn't get stung so that was a miracle. And to be completely honest I'm glad she pushed me in because I would not have jumped in on my own (I'm scared of fish and they can't even hurt me so you can imagine that my fear of jellyfish is much worse) and it ended up feeling so good! The water was so warm that it felt like bath water yet was still a good way to cool off from a very hot day.
I can thank gymnastics for making me a pro at headstands, even on paddle boards :)
seriously, is this even real life!?!
It was a good length walk from the car to the water so on the way back, McKai finally fell asleep in his stroller. He was so tired and needed a nap so desperately that I made them all walk around with me for about an hour to let him sleep before we woke him up to put him in the car. It was all completely gorgeous so I don't think they hated me too bad for it. I could have walked around all day and been perfectly happy!
We ended the night with dinner at Mission BBQ and relaxing at the harbor. By that point, there was a breeze coming off the water so the temperature was finally perfect. I'm not sure I was ready to head back to real life :) If you follow me on instagram then you probably already saw this but going back to Annapolis made me realize that, of all the places we have lived over the years (5 states for me and 7 states for Tristan, and over 10 different apts/houses) I think Maryland is still my favorite. I've loved everything about Pennsylvania as far as experience goes but... Maryland is just gorgeous! Though we all know that we will always go home to Utah :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment