August 15, 2016

my baby must haves : 9-12 months


1 | Mckai is all boy. Give him as many balls as possible and he is happy as can be! We still love the ones I put in my 6-9 month must haves, particularly the ones that are actually shaped like a ball. He has learned to throw them and loves to play catch with me or Tristan as well as fetch with Kacee. But, we also got him a soccer ball (Tristan likes to say that we are starting him young :) and he loves pushing it around the house, it's a little bigger which I think makes it funner for him to push around vs the little ones that he throws.

2 | While we are talking about the fact that he is all boy... give him all the cars and trucks! I first noticed his love for cars at my mom's house because there are a few old barbie cars lying around that he would push around the house. Then, about a month before his birthday, his nanny texted me to ask if he had any cars at home because she had noticed that he loved her friend's little boy's cars. Now he has about 4-5 little ones and the big mega bloks dump truck (pictured) and plays with every single one of them.

3 | Jack & Jill's toothpaste : we started brushing his teeth with toothpaste twice a day about this age. Before that, we had just been wiping them with warm water. He loves this toothpaste and honestly doesn't mind getting his teeth brushed so that's a bonus!

4 | When McKai first started eating solids, he wouldn't eat anything that wasn't pureed. So for the first couple of months, we used the baby bibs whenever he ate and that worked perfect. About 9 months is when he finally started eating chunks of real food and by 11 months, that's all he ate. I was in a bit of denial because it is SO messy! Once I bought waterproof bibs with pockets, it got a lot better. It's still messy which I hate but these at least help :)

5 | I know I listed a few of our favorite books with my last must haves list, but McKai is getting old enough that he will actually let me read him a full book. It is my favorite thing to do with him. And I just had to share our absolute favorite book. It is the cutest children's book. Some kids books make me laugh because lets be real, we could all write a book with just colors or letters in it. This book's writing style is so cute. Okay, I've gone on long enough. Go read The Pout Pout Fish. McKai's favorite part is when I smother him with kisses at the end (you'll see :)

6 | Baby food pouches bought in bulk are a must! They are the easiest snack especially when we are on the go! We started with just the applesauce kind after a outing where one of our friends had them and I realized McKai actually loved them. Within a week, McKai had figured out how to suck on them so I no longer had to squeeze it for him. And now, I can hand the whole thing to him without even watching and he doesn't get a drop anywhere but in his mouth. My only complaint with the applesauce was that I don't have a hard time getting enough fruit in McKai's diet, veggies on the other hand are a completely different story. Not because he doesn't like them but just because I don't eat as many veggies as I should so I have to constantly be aware of how many veggies I'm giving him. With that being said, my favorite food pouches are the fruit and veggie kinds! I am all about sneaking veggies in whenever I can and I haven't found one that McKai doesn't like yet. His absolute favorite is apple blueberry spinach but like I said, he'll eat any of them.

7 | A walker at this age is essential (unless of course your baby is walking by 9 months). Oh it is so cute to watch them first start walking with their little walker. And then when they figure out what to do when it gets stuck at the wall. Watching babies learn new things is the best!


Now, question for you!

When we move back to Utah, I'm wanting to get Mckai a convertible carseat. Any recommendations? I want to keep him rear facing as long as possible and he's still small enough for his infant carseat but doesn't look very comfortable anymore. I get so overwhelmed by all the options, so I'd love to know which ones you prefer and why! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment