Saturday we got our family pictures taken! I was so beyond stressed because all week there were "excessive heat" warnings and our pictures were supposed to be outside. Guys, why is my luck the worst?! Saturday was the hottest day of the year! When we got to the location for our pictures, it was 98 degrees outside with a heat index of 112. Humidity was practically 100%. Let's just say, I'm still a little stressed about what pictures our photographer was able to get because lets be real, my hair was no longer curled within 30 minutes and my make up had completely sweat off. But, regardless it was definitely the most fun family photo shoot we have ever had! I'll give you a hint: we ended it in the water at Devil's Pool in Wissahickon Valley.
Date night consisted of the end of summer dinner with Tristan's company and game night with Jenn and Todd. Guys, Jenn leaves to head home today and I am so sad about it!
Sunday morning we headed straight to NYC. It was Tristan's first time and McKai's first time in person (see when I took him, 32 weeks gestation, on a girls trip with my family here!) which made it that much more fun! Todd, Jenn and their family have been quite a few times so they showed us around which was way nice because then I didn't have to stress about the subway :)
A boat ride to see The Statue of Liberty was first on the agenda. That was probably the hottest part of the day (and the heat index was only 105 today instead of the scorching heat of the day before...) but the boat ride was nice with the wind blowing. It was also the kids first time going to the island so that made it that much more fun!
We were starving by the time we made it to Chelsea Market. Tristan got an italian sandwich that was everything he loves. It was perfect. And these pictures, is it any wonder that Tristan loved this place? It's so his style!
That night when we were driving home, I asked Tristan what his favorite part of the day was... his answer "walking the highline". I was a little surprised, I think I was expecting him to say Chelsea Market but looking at these pictures that he took, I totally get it. It really was gorgeous! And McKai took his nap in the stroller so it worked out great!
The highline took us most of the way to the Doughnut Plant. It was the cutest little shop! You can see the benches in the picture above and there were doughnut pillows hung on the walls. The bathroom, as random as this is... had small mirror tiles on all 4 walls and a disco ball! I got tres leches and Tristan got peaches. Both were so good!
The plan at this point was to head to the Plaza and Central Park. But we were so close to Tristan's high school friend that we had to go visit! So we split off from Jenn and Todd to go see James, Jani and their adorable Josh! It was so good to catch up with them and crazy to realize what stage of life we are in now :) Josh is 6 months old and he was almost the same size as McKai, my little baby. How cute is this picture of them and their boys? And the funny thing is... we always get told that McKai looks like me and Jani was telling me that everyone says Josh looks just like her!
We met back up with Jenn and Todd at Grand Central Terminal before heading to the Brooklyn Bridge! Tristan took so many amazing pictures while we were walking across. I really scaled it back for you but the lighting was unreal at that time of night. I love my photographer husband! He takes the best pictures that it's actually fun going through them to put them into our books!
For dinner we went to Juliana's, Tristan voted that it's the best pizza in the world! Walked along the river and ended the night at Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory for a peach ice cream cone. Dumbo was my favorite part of New York when I went last year and it ended up being my favorite part this trip as well! Nothing beats that view!



























No comments:
Post a Comment