1. Tristan coming home from work at 7:15 pm tonight!
His work schedule is inconsistent which is one of the hardest things for a scheduler like me. His work schedule also starts late in the morning and ends late in the evening which is hard for a morning bird (and so far from a night owl) like me. But today as I laid on the couch letting McKai take free reign of the house because I was too tired to care and crying over the fact that Kacee peed in his ball pit, Tristan got home just in time to save us all.
2. Beautiful fall weather that allows me to sleep with my window open and still take McKai to the park in the afternoon with 60 degree temps.
3. Getting sent home from work early... twice in one week!
Last Friday I got to come home at 4 pm due to discharges and today I got to come home at 2 pm for the same reason. Those extra hours with my family mean everything! I told my co-worker Sarah that I was going to be so productive this afternoon when I got home. Spoiler alert: I wasn't and I'm not even sad about it!
4. Looking at my baby who seems to have crossed the threshold to toddlerhood without me even realizing it... and seeing the strong independent little man that he is who still loves to check in with his mom every few minutes for a hug or a kiss.
5. Lunch dates with Tristan twice in one week, yes please!
6. Daylight savings.
I know most people are cursing it but for us, the adjustment has been flawless. McKai slept until 10 am Sunday and 9:30 am on Monday, I don't think he even noticed a difference! And now it gets light earlier in my work day. Here's to taking advantage of the short couple of hours of sunlight in the afternoon!
7. The fact that we get to call Utah home.
Yesterday on our hike, my friend Maddy said something along the lines of, "we are so lucky to live here! It feels like we are on vacation and yet it's just a Monday." So true. I love Utah and these mountains that we call home.
what small things are you grateful for this week?

No comments:
Post a Comment