November 2, 2016

life lately :: october



October was so good to us this year! The weather was beautiful and we got to spend the month doing all things fall (which are all the funnest things, am I right?) I may not love Halloween or anything pumpkin flavored but I do love leaves changing colors, becoming crisp and getting crunched under my feet, going to pumpkin patches and enjoying all the activities there, and wearing boots and sweaters!
As a side note: last years October post showed up on my Facebook memories so I just have to share... I can't believe how much has changed in a year! 

^ hike to Stewart Falls between conference sessions (more pictures here) ^

^ luke bryan concert with shay ^

^ Tristan's hunting trip in South Africa where he also celebrated his 28th birthday! ^

^ and while Tristan was having the trip of a lifetime, I could not have done it without my mom watching McKai while I worked nights, and Miranda watching him during the day so that I could sleep. McKai had croup, I got sick, we didn't hear from Tristan for a week, and a few other things compounded to make me an emotional wreck but we survived! (and are never letting Tristan leave us ever again ;) ^

^ beautiful fall nights with my babies ^

^ hee haw farms (more pictures here) ^

^ || fifteen months old || ^
This is my new favorite age so just bear with me while I gush about my cute little boy for a minute. I am trying to figure out a way to bottle this age up forever. I'm also trying to figure out when he started to look like a toddler rather than a baby, thoughts??

McKai learned how to walk and it is so much fun! Everyone said that once they start walking, it's game over. Everyone was wrong! He was getting into just as much stuff crawling as he does walking and that little wobbly walk is too cute to be mad at. I love taking him places now that he can explore on his own. Seriously, I could watch him walk all day long.
He likes to throw tantrums but they are pretty mild for now (he simply screams before laying on the floor) so they are mostly endearing at this point. Besides his tantrums, he is the sweetest thing. He spends all day bringing me things that he needs help with (i.e. his bag of legos or balls to open, food from the pantry that he wants to eat, or his beanies that he wants me to put on him). He is constantly saying "mom" and reaching up for me to pick him up so he can give me hugs and kisses or just plain snuggles. He is the littlest bundle of love (19.5 pounds and 29 inches) with the biggest heart.
McKai loves playing chase with his dad. All we have to do is say, "I'm going to get you!", and he starts screaming and running away. He also loves stacking things... play doh containers, tupperware, or legos. He gets off the bed and couch safely every single time now and is working on coming down the stairs safely.  His new word is "mine", which he uses most when he is holding my phone. He also started calling his Aunt Shay, "say" definitely melting her heart :) He is so smart and I love watching him learn new things each day. My current favorite thing is asking where his nose is so that he can point to it (or even better, when he accidentally misses and points to his cheek right next to his nose).

^ what halloween looks like in the NICU
 and fall sunsets ^

^ the aquarium with Maddy & Jude! ^
My personal favorites: the sloths & penguins.
McKai's favorites: the sharks & walking everywhere

^ 15 month appointment ^
crawled up and down the steps to the table over a 100 times, climbed on and off the baby chairs at least 50 times, and only cried for a minute after getting his shots... overall I'd say it was a successful doctor visit.

^ visiting the pumpkin patch at Kuwahara Farms ^
picking out pumpkins, going down the bouncy slide, playing in the corn and eating churros. It was the perfect night!

^ Greenwood family pictures ^
At which time I realized that McKai is not the perfect baby that I thought he was... for a kid who always cooperates, he sure chose a not so great time to throw fits and not smile. Here's to hoping that there is at least one picture with the real McKai (always smiling!) in it :)

^ attempting the pinterest perfect baby in a pumpkin pictures ^
left to right: he looks happy because we bribed him with crackers, he's not crying simply because he is distracted watching his cousins, and I'm the worst mom in the world.

I think I'll give up at least with this child, baby #2, don't let me down!

^ playing in the leaves at grandma's house before Sunday dinner! ^
I'll never forget... 1. Andrew jumping into the pile of leaves with his niece and nephews while still in his church clothes and 2. Chloe and Parker burying McKai with leaves.

^ painting and carving pumpkins ^
McKai was scarred from being forced to be in a pumpkin that he cried when we tried to get him to paint his pumpkin. Whoops... But Tristan did a marvelous job painting McKai's pumpkin :)
My family's pumpkins left to right (missing Ash & Ki who had already headed home and Nate who had way too much studying to do ): me, Andrew, dad, Shay, & Tristan.

^ my mom's birthday! ^
We celebrated in three parts...
1. on her actual birthday, I stopped by to wish her a happy birthday and we ended up going to get Taco Amigo for dinner before she had to go to the ward halloween party.
2. after family pictures we went to Tokyo for her birthday dinner!
3. and on Sunday we had cake and sang Happy Birthday.
We love her, the best mom and grandma in the world!

^ Halloween 2016 ^
McKai's first time trick or treating. He was the cutest little pumpkin!

Not pictured: I got my first mom car (toyota four runner) and I'm too scared to drive it because I've never had a brand new car before...


Goodbye Fall! 
I'm ready to say hello to snow and the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment