We won't head to the doctor for his "18 month appointment" until March since we got off schedule being gone last summer and that's when he can get new shots. So as for weight and length, I don't know but he is getting taller! I know because his pants are getting too short. I'm still not convinced that he has passed the 20 pound mark yet but obviously I don't know for sure.
diaper size: four
size: pants- growing out of 9 month and starting to fit into 12 month, pajamas- 12-18 month, shirts/sweaters- 12-18 month, shoes- 3.
vocabulary: I did it, I see it, Kacee, Mom, Daddy, Ellie, uh oh, socks, hat, something that sounds a lot like oh s*@! (I probably shouldn't admit to that...), share, 1, 2, 3, ready, set, go, and a LOT of babbling.
- The kid loves to talk all day every day. Talking gives me the most anxiety as a mom wondering if he is doing well enough for his age. Sometimes I think he is just stubborn. For example, I've been trying to teach him 'drink' since he was 8 months old. He knows it, he just won't say it. Same with 'milk' and 'bottle'. He does a lot of grunting and pointing instead.
- he understands pretty much everything even if he can't say much! When I ask if he wants to take a bath, he takes off running for his bathroom, pulling at his clothes. When I ask if he wants a bottle, he runs to the kitchen and stands beneath the fridge. I can ask him to go get anything and he will go find it and bring it back.
favorite foods: blueberries, grapes, olives, pasta, graham crackers, peas, baby food pouches.
- Like I said earlier, he has grown more picky. I know that sickness and teething doesn't help but it feels like sometimes he will go days without eating hardly anything. The list above are the few foods I know he will eat no matter what. It gets so frustrating some days throwing away everything that I put in front of him.
- he loves to push the button to close the garage door every time we get home and thinks flipping the light switch on and off is super fun.
- hates getting into his carseat but is always fine once we start driving.
- he loves to pretend talk on the phone. He reminds me so much of his daddy as he paces around the room babbling on his phone (he does have two play phones but he will often just put any toy up to his ear).
- does a potty dance when he is excited for something!
- loves to be wrapped up like a mummy before going to sleep.
- is really good at helping clean up his toys but doesn't understand the concept of leaving them cleaned up. When he cleans up his legos, he has to make sure none of them are connected to each other (both his parents are OCD in different ways, looks like he probably got some of that as well).
- he is so good at using a fork to eat his food now.
- says "awwww" as he goes in to give a kiss (still wide open mouth kisses). He especially loves going up to dogs, mouth wide open, for a kiss.
- is officially down to 1 nap a day and sleeps 12-14 hours at night (only waking up during the night if he is sick). I feel like a real person again, not having to wake up in the middle of the night :)
- he still loves his binky and will say "ahahaha" when he sees one as he runs to it. We only let him have it for naps and bedtime so he has gotten good at throwing it into his crib when we come get him in the morning.
- loves to make a kissy/fishy/duck face. I love those little lips!
- is a pro at going down the stairs by himself (I don't stress about being right by him anymore which is convenient). He prefers to just slide on his belly the whole way down.
- has 6 teeth on top and 8 teeth on bottom.
- finds a place to sit in the most random places... laundry basket, toy bins, etc...
- we took away his bottle yesterday and he's not super happy about it, wish us luck!
- still loves his ellie and his kacee more than anything in the world.
- learned to open our bedroom door (it's a handle rather than a knob), that has been a fun trick for him, not so much for me :)
We sure love him and his big personality. It's so fun to watch him grow, even if it brings me to tears sometimes. I'm not ready to lose my baby boy just yet!






No comments:
Post a Comment