April 26, 2017

that time we got a puppy...

If you follow me on instagram then this is old news to you but if not then let me introduce you to the newest member of our family!


This is Zoey (or ZoZo). She's our english cream retriever baby girl.

A few facts about her:

- she was born on January 27, 2017
- we brought her home when she was 8 weeks old! 
- currently, she is almost 14 weeks old.
- she was 11 pounds when we got her. 
- I took her to the vet a week or so ago and she was 21 pounds.



How we decided to get another dog:

Honestly, I blame it on our nanny, Miranda.They had english cream retriever puppies at puppy barn (she and mckai go there frequently) so she sent a picture to Tristan. Tristan tried to get one but they were gone. Somehow he found another breeder who just had a litter of puppies, it was meant to be! he told me. I wasn't super fond of the idea but eventually I was convinced that now was the best time if we were going to get another puppy anytime soon.

A. because we were leaving for the summer soon so I wouldn't be working full time and could focus on the training. 
B. because we've been struggling to get pregnant so she'd be grown up (at least a year) by the time we have another newborn.


She is sweet and extremely sassy.

She used to look like a potato but now she is slender. She's going to be big, they say...

She is still not potty trained (so much pee!!) but we did find that she had a UTI and she's at least doing a little better since we got her antibiotics.

She recently learned to jump onto the couch and the bed, I have a hard time saying no to that face!

Today she learned that she can jump on the chair so that she can reach the food on the table. She ate my lasagna in the 1 minute it took me to go get Mckai from his crib after his nap! And then she ate Mckai's dinner leftovers. Tristan says she's hitting her teenager stage... I might lose my mind.

She loves to play, she has so much energy it might be the death of me! I can't wait until she's had all her shots so I can take her to the dog park. 

She loves to chew on everything. She hasn't damaged much (just a few of Mckai's toys that have dog bites in them) so that's more than I can say about Kacee :)

She is so friendly. She loves every living being like they are her very best friend.


Mckai loves his puppy more than anything. He is constantly telling her "no!" in the same 5 seconds as giving her a million hugs and kisses. Kacee liked her from the beginning and she has been a huge blessing for her! I worried that they would fight for attention but I guess we should have gotten Kacee a friend years ago. Kacee has stopped a lot of her anxious/depressed habits and is the happiest I've ever seen her! Tristan is obsessed with his baby girl. As for me, I'm still adjusting to how chaotic my life is. I can't leave the house with the three of them without looking like a complete hot mess. I love her most days but some days she tests every ounce of patience I have.


Welcome to the family, Zoey!

No comments:

Post a Comment