A little off topic from our weekend review but... question for those that live in the Bay Area. There's another lighthouse at Point Reyes that I don't think I can convince Tristan to visit with me. Is it worth it for me to go during the week sometime just Mckai and me?
Anyway, we went to see Point Bonita Lighthouse. It was a half mile walk across bridges and through tunnels along the gorgeous foggy coast. It could not have been more perfect. I may be just a little bit obsessed with the ocean! Here are a few pictures from the adventure :)
I couldn't help but add these two pictures in... as with any outing there were definite imperfections. Mckai was on one towards the end of this trip, I'm talking some of his worst tantrums to date! One of the volunteers kept asking if we needed anything but nope, we didn't, we just needed our toddler to not scream anytime we tried to help him! ha! This two year old adventure is something else, I tell ya!
seriously, so breathtaking!
The only way Mckai would let me carry him back to the car is if he could drive his car along all the railings. Oh, and Tristan was not allowed to carry him. My arms are getting so strong ;)
do you see all the seals!?
After the lighthouse, we headed to Sausalito for lunch and ice cream! It was the cutest little town. The green hills lined with houses, the view of San Francisco and the bay bridge, main street right next to the water, all the sailboats... it was perfect! I didn't expect to spend much time there but we ended up spending hours walking around. And Lappert's Ice Cream... so good! Even Tristan was able to get sherbet!
I kind of loved spending the day exploring with just my boys, it was definitely a weekend for the books! I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend as well!
























No comments:
Post a Comment