weight: about 22 pounds according to the scale at the vet's office that he loves climbing all over!
length: just less than 32 inches according to the ride man at the california state fair.
diaper size: four
clothes size: pants- 12-18 months (though his shorts range starting at 6 months), shirts- 18-24 months, pajamas- 18-24 months, shoes- 5
- learned how to jump both feet off the ground
- can do a somersault all by himself! (most of the time! sometimes he just ends up tipping over sideways though...)
- loves slides and swings!
- prefers to walk up and down stairs like we do unless the steps are too tall and there is no railing (short kid problems...)
- loves running and climbing everywhere!
- loves swimming, jumping off the wall into the water (kind of more like belly flopping but he doesn't seem bothered by it!), floating on his back, & blowing bubbles in the water.
- loves being helpful whether it's throwing his diapers or trash in the garbage can or getting the dogs their food and bones.
- favorite phrases: no zo!, where is he/it?, there he/it is!, hi kacee/zoey, kiki where are you? (in a sing song voice, it's adorable!!), i love you, I did it, & thank you
- other words: ball, balloon, hello, more (plus the sign), car, truck, ellie, kacee, zoey (or zosey), shoes, hat, book, yeah (sounds like, "dah!"), no (shakes his head at the same time), mom, dad, doggy, birdie, kick kick, juice, butt, diaper, poop, duck, quack quack, bone & look
Mckai doesn't talk as much as I'm sure he should at this age. Especially around other people! He was finally starting to talk but then we went back to Utah and had a lot of visitors so he stopped again. He's just now starting to repeat things that I say to him again. Slowly... I plan on having kids on the move come evaluate him when we get back home but for now we'll just keep working on it!
He understands everything I say to him! It's amazing. He can follow any instructions I give him, point to things in a book when I ask where "it" is, and he babbles to me all day as though I understand exactly what he is saying as well :) What he can't say with words, he is really good at the point and grunt!
- favorite foods: baby food pouches, blueberries, french toast, yogurt, mac and cheese, french fries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, his chocolate milk (carnation instant breakfast), bacon, and snacks.
- dislikes: meat of any kind, eggs, bananas, veggies, every single dinner I've ever made!
He is still picky as can be and hardly eats anything. Little stinker :) So if you have any suggestions on A. how to get him to focus long enough to eat and how to get him to try things & B. toddler meals for picky eaters, send them my way!
- favorite stuffed animals (currently): ellie, the penguin my mom bought him in Monterey, his white/orange dog, & the dinosaur he got from Uncle Braden (he loves to tell me that the dinosaur says, "RAWR!")
- other favorite toys: cars and trucks of any kind, puzzles, his usborne busy car book, and balls.
Mckai is king of self entertainment. Seriously, in that regard he is the easiest child in the world! He could spend all day lining up his cars, reading his books (or just pulling them down), and doing whatever else he wants to do. I love to watch him at work because you can literally see the wheels turning in his head, it's amazing!
- the child who was once a social butterfly has gotten a little more shy. it takes him a while to warm up to people but once he does, they are best friends!
- whenever we go to public places, he would rather just people watch than actually play!
- current best friend: Millie
- loves holding hands when we are walking places.
- will randomly just run to me and throw his arms around my neck for a hug.
- rarely gives out kisses to people but is constantly showering his animals with kisses.
- sleeps 12-14 hours every night and takes a 2-4 hour nap every afternoon. goes to bed between 8-9 pm (but can stay up later if we are out).
- ALWAYS wakes up happy. like, how?! it doesn't matter if he wakes up on his own or if I have to wake him up, he smiles so big and gets so excited to see me!
- still sleeps with his ellie, a binky, a blanket folded like a pillow and a blanket on top of him. he won't go to sleep unless his sippy cup with water is with him. we still use the sound machine (ocean now because rain stopped working) and he is still in a crib (possibly forever ;)!
I told Tristan that I was going to take away his binkys the day after his birthday but chickened out... I'm thinking if I just hide them all he will quickly forget about them and yet I'm too nervous to try it. Ha! Maybe tonight ;)
- favorite tv show: Wild Kratts (he can watch the one about penguins on repeat...), Super Why, Dinosaur Train, & Daniel Tiger
- favorite movies: Moana & Trolls (he's a fan of the singing!)
I try not to have him watch much tv but PBS kids on my phone is the only way I can get him to let me change his diaper and get him dressed. he also gets to watch his shows while we are at the dog park, it's nice to not have to worry about him while chasing the dogs because he just sits in his stroller :) it is also a last resort if he is being a monster at restaurants or the grocery store but it's still a rarity there. movie time is reserved for when I'm trying to clean the house or make dinner (and he's not having it!), when I'm having a rough mom day, or when I have to give the dogs a bath.
- has a few OCD quirks... always has to shut doors/cupboards/dishwasher, stacks and unstacks cups or puts crayons in and out of the container over and over again, doesn't like his hands or feet dirty, and lines things up.
- has the best arm, kid can throw balls overhand like he's a boy not a toddler.
- loves to show me where his eyes, nose, ears, mouth, hair, & belly button are.
- if he "hurts" something he comes crying (sometimes fake) to me and points to what got hurt so I can kiss it better. then he instantly stops crying and goes back to whatever he was doing. this cracks me up because I have no idea where he learned that!
- loves pushing strollers, if there is a stroller in view he must be pushing it.
- has started to tell me when he poops.
I just had to add this picture because if you ask Mckai how old he is, this is what he will show you! Close buddy, but not quite :)
This is definitely my new favorite age. I sure love your goofy and sweet self, Mckai! I'll keep you forever, tantrums and all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!













No comments:
Post a Comment