September 4, 2017

life lately :: august

The last official month of summer has come and gone. It was busy as always but we had lots of fun! I don't see summer ending any time soon for us here in Sacramento... what with temperatures as high as 110... so we'll just have to wait until we make it back to Utah for fall to come. So for now, we will continue taking advantage of as many pool days as we want :)


^ social media is a wonderful thing when it brings together digital friends turning them into real life friends! I "met" Marci years ago through our blogs (back when we were both more consistent :) and we have continued to keep up through instagram so when I found out we were going to Sacramento this summer we knew we had to meet up! We went to the cutest little splash pad for an afternoon and it was so fun. She's pretty much a rockstar mom with 4 kids under 5, I was seriously impressed. And how cute is her little red head?? I loved getting a little bit of a baby fix from him ^

^ our apartment complex puts on community nights and this particular one the kiddos loved because it included face painting and snow cones! ^

^ Saturday night date to Mikunis and bowling! ^

^ Sunday at Wake Island Park! ^
( see more here! )

^ more dinners at BJ's than we can count ;) we can't stay away from those pazookies! and california sunsets ^

^ a couple mornings at an indoor play place called Climbaroo. It's my favorite and I'm sad we didn't find it before now! Mckai just goes and plays for hours without hardly looking back, it's the best way to get all his energy out! ^

^ saying goodbye to daddy and starting our last trip back to Utah for the summer! It was Mckai's first flight as a two year old and even though it was more expensive, he loved it! He watched his show the whole time and for the first time since I started flying with Mckai last summer, I got to read my book! It was quite nice :) ^

^ hiking the Subway with my family! ^
When I found out that my family was going to be hiking the Subway, I had to come home to join them! I've been begging my dad to take us since I was a teenager and he was taking the scouts. It was just as amazing as I hoped. I need to do a post about it because it was gorgeous and I have so many pictures!

^ my mom watched Mckai for me while I hiked the Subway! The next day when I was back and Mckai was being his typical two year old and whining/throwing tantrums my mom said, "he didn't act like that once yesterday, he was just happy as can be." I think he just loved spending time with his grandma and having fun with his cousins! ^

^ snapchats from Miranda to get me through my six work shifts. It's always so hard to go back to work after staying home with him 24/7 for a month. ^

^ my cute brothers took Mckai and I boating one morning. It was cold and perfect! We love being on the lake ^

^ an afternoon with Maddy & Jude, our favorites! :) We went to our favorite cafe in Heber and then let the kids go crazy at the park! It was hot and impossible to get good pictures of them but so much fun. Mckai also learned how to climb ladder and gave me a heart attack at the same time ^

^ I finally got to meet my perfect nephew, I wanted to take him home with me... ^

^ our last flight and home sweet home ^

^ a fun Friday night! we grabbed dinner with Millie and Kenzie and it ended up being an outdoor summer event so there was live music, face painting, a clown making balloon animals and lots of games. Mckai loved the giant connect four and played that for a long time. Once the guys were done with work, they joined us for shaved ice at Vampire Penguin. It was unreal! I've never had shaved ice like it before. ^

^ quite a few walks to the park and splash pad by our house ^

^ a Sunday at Lake Tahoe ^
( see more here! )

^ and as always, more pool days than we can count! It's the only way to survive these summer days of 110 degrees! Plus, how cute are those best friends?! I can't even handle how much I love them and their little relationship! ^

goodbye august, hello september!

No comments:

Post a Comment