July 13, 2018

lake powell 2018


I always hope that everyone has a Lake Powell in their life. That place that just feels like home. Where is that for you?

It was the first Lake Powell trip in at least 10 years that Tristan wasn't there for and we missed him so much! Lake Powell is not the same without him. But we had SO much fun. It was hot. It wasn't busy at all which is so unusual these days. And it was exactly the break that I needed. We didn't get enough sleep (the sun goes down to late and comes up too early!). Mckai got to sleep on the top of the houseboat for the first time and would only fall asleep if he was laying on my stomach or holding my hand... melting his mommas heart. I wake boarded again for the first time in at least 3 years and was reminded how much fun it is. Mckai loved swimming and was a champ always wearing his life jacket without fighting it (except the first time when he screamed and screamed, I think it was more heat exhaustion and hunger at that point though:)






Mckai loved tubing this year (that is until mom tried to crash the party;) him and Parker would go and go and go as long as we'd let them!


I'm so glad that Mckai gets to grow up close to his cousins! He was seriously obsessed with Parker & Chloe (he learned how to say their names finally, and I'm in love). They spent as much time as we'd let them playing in the sand and using their water guns to shoot the bugs. Mckai is so brave around water that he encouraged his cousins to enjoy the swimming and try jumping into the water. It was too cute to watch.




Uncle Drew Drew really stepped up this trip and helped out so much with Mckai. He is one of a kind, seriously the best.






You could say we love Shay! We always joke that Shay is my fill in husband during the summers when Tristan is gone and so naturally we had to take our traditional Lake Powell picture with her.



He's a little flirt and was obsessed with my brother's fiancé Taylor. He'd crawl onto her lap every chance he could get.






It was obviously too hot to take naps in the houseboat so the only way I could get Mckai to take his much needed naps was on the boat. Two of the days we headed back to the marina for ice cream which is a 45 minute drive so we both benefitted from a good old boat nap. 


I love this little Lake Powell babe. Thanks for loving Lake Powell as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment